Riding on the pavement

Old March 30th 07, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
the.Mark[_2_]

Default Riding on the pavement

On my way home this afternoon I found the road much busier than
normal so of course the bus lane was full of cars so I filtered
up between the cars. As I approached the traffic lights at the
end of the bus lane I saw a policeman and woman riding on the
pavement. Not bikes but horses. The pavement there is quite
narrow and has a bus stop which had a few people waiting, it
must have been fun for them having 2 horses squeeze past.

--
Cheers
the.Mark
Old March 30th 07, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jane

the.Mark wrote:
On my way home this afternoon I found the road much busier than
normal so of course the bus lane was full of cars so I filtered
up between the cars. As I approached the traffic lights at the
end of the bus lane I saw a policeman and woman riding on the
pavement. Not bikes but horses. The pavement there is quite
narrow and has a bus stop which had a few people waiting, it
must have been fun for them having 2 horses squeeze past.

They are a law unto them selves our police.
I would be as wrong to ride my horse on the pavement as my bike!
Oh well we should know its them and us.
ttfn
Jane
Old March 31st 07, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Don Whybrow

Jane wrote:
the.Mark wrote:
On my way home this afternoon I found the road much busier than normal
so of course the bus lane was full of cars so I filtered up between
the cars. As I approached the traffic lights at the end of the bus
lane I saw a policeman and woman riding on the pavement. Not bikes but
horses. The pavement there is quite narrow and has a bus stop which
had a few people waiting, it must have been fun for them having 2
horses squeeze past.

They are a law unto them selves our police.
I would be as wrong to ride my horse on the pavement as my bike!
Oh well we should know its them and us.

Indeed you would:

40: You MUST NOT take a horse on to a footpath, pavement or cycle track.
Use a bridleway where possible.
Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & R(S)A sect 129(5)

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

Invalid thought detected. Close all mental processes and restart
body.
Old March 31st 07, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
archierob

Indeed they are as I noticed when a police car was parked outside the
local chippie on double yellow with crossing zigzags but an inch away.
Good evening constables do you realise that the law applies to you
also - now then Sir I arrest you well for something I can think of you
Bolshie *******.

Old March 31st 07, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
archierob

Whatever the circumstances they will find an excuse to circumvent the
'law'. In pursuit of a crime etc. Testing the vehicle to its limit -ie
doing 160 mph on a public highway. Shooting dead Harry Stanley because
he was in possession of a coffee table leg. It goes on and on - they
intimidate us into believing that they can break the law to protect us
and we are far to frightened to protest. When it comes to the police
we are all cowards - we dare not challenge them because we are far too
frightened to do so.

m...

Old March 31st 07, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony B

Terry wrote:

I don't know whether you challenge pavement cyclists but I'm guessing
you wouldn't turn to them for assistance if your home was robbed.

I think you will find the only "assistance" one gets is a crime number
in order to fill out one's insurance claim. A few days later you will
get a fabulous leaflet offering advice on dealing with your trauma.

I hope they don't use highly trained officers for that part of police
work...

Tony B
Old March 31st 07, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
permajeo[_4_]

A bit OT but on the assitance thing.

While I was at work one or more scrote(s) busted down the door to my
"secure" storage, broke my gold marked lock and had away with one of my
bikes.

Two 15 year old SOCO's arrived at my door several hours after my
discovery of this and told me that "one or more scrote(s) busted down
the door to your secure storage broke your gold marked lock and had
away with one of your bikes" but there are no prints 'cos they must
have worn gloves. Here's a crime number for your insurance and we doubt
if you'd get your bike back.

More weeks pass and the insurance pays for my shiny new Bianchi.

I get then fined for speeding at 35mph(ish) in Richmond Park just as it
opened one Sunday morning.

Same Sunday my brother phones me to tell me he's just bought my stolen
bike for £50 at a car boot sale.

(my postcode and initials are stamped on the underside of the frame
next to the serial number)

Police here in SW london seem to be very ineffective.

Old March 31st 07, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

archierob wrote:

Whatever the circumstances they will find an excuse to circumvent the
'law'. In pursuit of a crime etc. Testing the vehicle to its limit -ie
doing 160 mph on a public highway. Shooting dead Harry Stanley because
he was in possession of a coffee table leg. It goes on and on - they
intimidate us into believing that they can break the law to protect us
and we are far to frightened to protest. When it comes to the police
we are all cowards - we dare not challenge them because we are far too
frightened to do so.

Blimey.

Lancashire Police may well be slow to respond but I'd never claim that
I'm frightened of them.

Cheers,
Luke

--
Lincoln City 0-2 Southend United (AET)
Swansea City 2-2 Southend United

Kids riding on pavement - local news story Stevie D UK 72 April 1st 07 01:33 AM
Street/Trials riding and 'Hard' Pavement Tires Matt.Weston Unicycling 4 July 12th 06 10:47 PM
Get on the pavement! Just zis Guy, you know? UK 49 June 26th 05 09:34 AM
Pavement cyclists Andy Leighton UK 45 June 14th 04 09:45 AM
I left the pavement . . . grey Unicycling 20 November 9th 03 09:42 PM