Would you buy this dvd?

Old July 27th 08, 11:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SkierAlex

Default Would you buy this dvd?

unicycledood wrote:
Yes well the problem with making a DVD is that there are so many good
riders puting out free vids on the internet. So why would you pay for a
DVD when there are so many riders willing to put out free vids?

Defect was so amazing because they had groundbreaking tricks and almost
none of the riders from defect were putting out free videos at the time.

Yeah, defect must of been amazing in 2005. But you're right, most
people wouldn't buy DVD's because of all the online ones. But then
again there heaps of good skate, skiing, DH and whatever else vids
online yet heaps of people buy DVD's of them. I would buy a unicycle
DVD if I knew the riding would be some of the best in the world, but it
would also need to be very well made with good editing and all the rest.
Defect is a great example of this. There are heaps of online vids with
good riding but they would definitely be better to watch if someone
like Dan Heaton filmed and edited them.

Also, lots of people would like a hard copy of a video, or may not be
able to download heaps of videos off the internet.

--
SkierAlex

You've highlighted my sig'.' (http://tinyurl.com/5kbxhv)
Old July 27th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

I would get one... if I had the money to spare for extra postage.

--
1-wheeled-grape

Scott,

Getting ready for the summer holidays!
Old July 27th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Matt_V

I think I would buy one. As long as the quality of the tutorials was
good. I liked your 720 tutorial, but I didn't really think that your
crankflip and doubleflip tutorials were very helpful. Those were a
long time ago though. If I know that they will be made in a helpful
way I would buy one for sure 100%.

--
Matt_V

-Matt
My msn: - Add me if you wish
|'My Uni' (http://tinyurl.com/39mt6k)|
Old July 27th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Conrad.Nguyen

I'll buy one if the quality is good.

--
Conrad.Nguyen
Old July 27th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unifreak7

I think a lot of you are forgetting what i've already said. If the
riders groupped together and eyeballed the videos that did hit online
(teamless riders) and picked up the rider from their internet video
once they got good enough there wouldn't be any good riders putting
anything online. No more of this free viewing stuff. Haven't you ever
wondered why a rider will get better and better and seem to quit aronud
the age of 18-20. Schooling for a job that actually makes money or
something else that makes money. Ryan A, Kevin M, Jeff G, Zach B, Dan
H, basically all the Defect riders except me. So everyone who doesn't
like my idea of this you can never complain about riders quiting,
because it's basically your ideals that made them quit. Free videos for
all and no motive for the riders.

--
unifreak7

http://www.myspace.com/ShaunJohanneson
Old July 27th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

unifreak7 wrote:
I think a lot of you are forgetting what i've already said. If the
riders groupped together and eyeballed the videos that did hit online
(teamless riders) and picked up the rider from their internet video
once they got good enough there wouldn't be any good riders putting
anything online. No more of this free viewing stuff. Haven't you ever
wondered why a rider will get better and better and seem to quit aronud
the age of 18-20. Schooling for a job that actually makes money or
something else that makes money. Ryan A, Kevin M, Jeff G, Zach B, Dan
H, basically all the Defect riders except me. So everyone who doesn't
like my idea of this you can never complain about riders quiting,
because it's basically your ideals that made them quit. Free videos for
all and no motive for the riders.

I'm sure a lot of the "good" riders would like this idea if some people
would step up and film and edit them really well. Theres only a handful
of people (unicyclists on the forums) who are really good at editing
especially and most of us are average.

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,
Latest Vid: I wish I had 2 cents #f5f5f5
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70608
Old July 27th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

unifreak7 wrote:
I think a lot of you are forgetting what i've already said. If the
riders groupped together and eyeballed the videos that did hit online
(teamless riders) and picked up the rider from their internet video
once they got good enough there wouldn't be any good riders putting
anything online. No more of this free viewing stuff. Haven't you ever
wondered why a rider will get better and better and seem to quit aronud
the age of 18-20. Schooling for a job that actually makes money or
something else that makes money. Ryan A, Kevin M, Jeff G, Zach B, Dan
H, basically all the Defect riders except me. So everyone who doesn't
like my idea of this you can never complain about riders quiting,
because it's basically your ideals that made them quit. Free videos for
all and no motive for the riders.

I'm not seeing the problem here. They quit for schooling to get
accredited degrees, jobs they truly enjoy, and money they can easily
live off of. It's their "problem" if they got burned out on unicycling,
not ours - they can live their own life. The LARGE majority of us are
hobbyist riders or fitness riders.

Anyone who actually complains about riders quitting, for whatever
reason, doesn't understand that some of those highly respected
unicyclists just don't want to do it any more, and there's nothing
wrong with that.

That said, the reason I said I wouldn't buy this dvd is because, like
you said, there are tons of tutorials for free, in video and article
form. The only reason I might buy a unicyling DVD is if the editing and
music are really good, and the riding is entertaining, not informative.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

spazdude222 wrote:
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a
girl.

Old July 27th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
amanda.gallacher

unifreak7 wrote:
I think a lot of you are forgetting what i've already said. If the
riders groupped together and eyeballed the videos that did hit online
(teamless riders) and picked up the rider from their internet video
once they got good enough there wouldn't be any good riders putting
anything online. No more of this free viewing stuff. Haven't you ever
wondered why a rider will get better and better and seem to quit aronud
the age of 18-20. Schooling for a job that actually makes money or
something else that makes money. Ryan A, Kevin M, Jeff G, Zach B, Dan
H, basically all the Defect riders except me. So everyone who doesn't
like my idea of this you can never complain about riders quiting,
because it's basically your ideals that made them quit. Free videos for
all and no motive for the riders.

So if they quit at 18 - 20 because they don't get any money, why is it
that you'll often find trials bikers, footballers, tennis players and
any other hobby you wanna think of, that continue doing it up until
their 20's, 30's, 40's etc with no money involved.
Personally, I probably won't take a unicycle with me to University next
year. Not because I'm not making money from it, but because people are
far too judgmental of it. Unicycling to the general public eye isn't
cool no matter what you dress it up to be. I think that's the real
reason riders quit, not because of money.

--
amanda.gallacher

'kris holm' (http://www.krisholm.com)'unicycle.com'
(http://www.unicycle.uk.com)