Intro to me...

Old December 31st 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Baskett

Default Intro to me...

I don't know if this is the right place to post introductions but I'll
just do it and y'all can get mad and call me "annoying noob" if
neccesary.

I'm 16 and I've been a unicyclist wanna-be for a couple years now. I
got my first unicycle, a Club 24" Freestyle, for Christmas this year and
I've been riding 30mins-2hrs every day (whenever I get the chance). So
far so good... no broken bones yet. Just sore muscles and bruised
shins.

I can't wait to get out onto the streets and be stared and laughed at
by passersby! It'll be wonderful, I'm sure.

I found these forums helpful when choosing my unicycle... From what
I've read it looks like the Club will be fine for starting out and just
riding around the neighborhood. I also enjoy reading about all the
crazy stuff you "pros" are doing on your unicycles. Haha!

Kimberly

--
Baskett
Old December 31st 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

you will find that most people who laugh at a unicyclist going by are
the kind of people who laugh at life. Stop and have a chat. It is a
great way to meet happy people.

--
saskatchewanian
Old December 31st 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

Tyler_N

*uniproshop.com*
'' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTWXrpx-vnc)
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PPpcKrm1A)

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Old December 31st 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
McNerdius[_2_]

Baskett;1161367 wrote:
[...]

Welcome to your DOOM ! Erm i mean "The forums." Where you can
converse with some of the best unicyclists out there. For real though,
it's a killer thing to know that the best on the planet are on the other
end of your keyboard when you're on here, ya know ?

--
McNerdius

'progress-journal-bloggamajiggy' (mcnerdius.blogspot.com)
Old December 31st 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Baskett

Thanks for the welcomes!

I think, depending on the attitudes of the "best on the planet" it can
be either intimidating or inspring to interact with them... Hopefully,
there are a few of the inspiring kind of people on here... *looks
around nervously*

--
Baskett
Old December 31st 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

There are very few true uni "pros" outside the performance groups. Even
Kris Holm has a second job

I know what you mean, though, and most of the people on this forum are
very supportive. There are a few that seem to communicate best through
disparagement and sarcasm but their intentions are good (I
think)

nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Organizing an event/club in Colorado or want to check for events?
'Colorado Unicycles forum'
(http://z13.invisionfree.com/Colorado_Unicycles/)-still in development.
Old January 1st 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

answered, but make sure that you do a search before you ask to make sure
no one has asked it before. A few on here will quite bluntly let you
know that such is the correct operating procedure.

Have fun on the streets! Don't be a nuisance and be friendly. Enjoy
the comments you receive.

--
Biggestbtc

~Benjamin
Unicycle For Christ

Old January 1st 09, 04:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unigurd

I'm sure you'll like it.
I do.

--
Unigurd

Old January 1st 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

I hope you enjoy your stay here!

--
Michaelgoround
Old January 1st 09, 06:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Baskett

thanks guys! I'll do my best to represent unicyclists in a most proper
and decent way...

Thanks for all the useful and fun info on these forums!

--
Baskett

Intro jl Australia 15 November 20th 08 10:50 PM
FNG Intro jakew Unicycling 2 November 2nd 07 10:09 PM
My intro to MUNI.. Racenut Unicycling 11 June 28th 06 11:18 PM
intro [email protected] Techniques 2 March 17th 06 04:24 PM
Intro and Hello D. Dub Mountain Biking 9 March 23rd 05 02:04 AM