With no small trepidation . . .

Old May 24th 08, 05:12 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bubba[_2_]

Default With no small trepidation . . .

I pulled my old Raleigh M80 from its hook on the shed wall for the
first time in two years tonight. I can't believe it's been two years,
but the rust on the chain and seat post affirm it. I remember my last
ride before I trashed my knee in a motorcycle wreck. A torn ACL and a
cracked tibia head have pretty much brought my MTB career to a halt,
but tomorrow I'm going to try again.

The chain has been cleaned and lubed, I''ve replaced the inner tubes
and brakes and tweaked out the shifters. I'm afraid it will be a
short run, but if I can get in 2 or 3 miles without paying for it in
knee pain units when I get back, I will consider myself back in the
saddle.

Wish me luck!

Bubba (Yeah, I'm that Clydesdale from NH from a few years back

Hello again everyone
Old May 27th 08, 04:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Bubba wrote:
I pulled my old Raleigh M80 from its hook on the shed wall for the
first time in two years tonight. I can't believe it's been two years,
but the rust on the chain and seat post affirm it. I remember my last
ride before I trashed my knee in a motorcycle wreck. A torn ACL and a
cracked tibia head have pretty much brought my MTB career to a halt,
but tomorrow I'm going to try again.

The chain has been cleaned and lubed, I''ve replaced the inner tubes
and brakes and tweaked out the shifters. I'm afraid it will be a
short run, but if I can get in 2 or 3 miles without paying for it in
knee pain units when I get back, I will consider myself back in the
saddle.

Wish me luck!

Bubba (Yeah, I'm that Clydesdale from NH from a few years back

Hello again everyone

Good luck and welcome back!
You may want to try to find some of us over at spokejunkies.com. This
place is not as active as it used to be (except for the trolls).

Matt
Old May 27th 08, 11:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD[_3_]

On May 23, 9:12 pm, Bubba wrote:
I pulled my old Raleigh M80 from its hook on the shed wall for the
first time in two years tonight. I can't believe it's been two years,
but the rust on the chain and seat post affirm it. I remember my last
ride before I trashed my knee in a motorcycle wreck. A torn ACL and a
cracked tibia head have pretty much brought my MTB career to a halt,
but tomorrow I'm going to try again.

The chain has been cleaned and lubed, I''ve replaced the inner tubes
and brakes and tweaked out the shifters. I'm afraid it will be a
short run, but if I can get in 2 or 3 miles without paying for it in
knee pain units when I get back, I will consider myself back in the
saddle.

Wish me luck!

Bubba (Yeah, I'm that Clydesdale from NH from a few years back

Hello again everyone

Bubba!

What Matt said.

JD
Old May 29th 08, 03:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Tue, 27 May 2008 09:22:24 -0600, MattB
wrote:

Bubba wrote:
[...]

You aren't allowed ot talk about anything here except ME.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

is a 16 to small Pdougherty Unicycling 0 March 13th 08 01:52 AM
FA: Small Arm Warmers, Small and Large Aero Booties carnivore Marketplace 0 October 4th 05 04:38 PM
FS: Small arm warmers, small aero booties, large aero booties carnivore Marketplace 0 October 2nd 05 08:23 PM
FS: Bushnell Custom Tandem (small/small) [email protected] Marketplace 0 June 4th 05 09:07 PM
Bushnell Custom Tandem (Small 17"/Small 17") [email protected] Marketplace 0 June 1st 05 06:17 PM