New road bike and body aches

Old April 7th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides

Default New road bike and body aches

have you seen http://www.twowheeltraining.ie/
Old April 18th 09, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Jack Pagel

DougC wrote:

There are disadvantages to recumbents, but the riding comfort is
incomparable. For the most part, the pain you get from riding an upright
bike really doesn't happen on a recumbent--and what pain you do get on a
recumbent is much less severe.
~

I agree with that 100%. I switched to recumbents 10 years ago, and
haven't regretted it at all. I remember the sore butt, numb, tingling
soreness in my upper back and neck. The only pain I have received from
recumbents was sore, over worked muscles in my legs, after 100+ miles a
day. Even that was diminished once I learned to downshift and spin the
crank, instead of riding a higher gear and having to pump more torque
into it.
96 Linear LWB, USS
99 Vision 40 SWB, OSS
Old April 19th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Jack Pagel

Tom Sherman wrote:
Chalo Colina wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Steven M. Scharf wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
If one can not get comfortable on a road bicycle, they could always
get 'bent.
Not for the $280-300 of a Schwinn from Amazon.
You get what you pay for (in long-distance comfort).

Wow, that Serotta bike with the $8500 frame must be a lot more
comfortable than it looks.

Yes, the Serotta lightens your wallet so much it works as an
anti-gravity device.

I thought having the $8500 in your rear pockets would make a good padded
shock absorber.

Hardly any aches longer repeat the delicious bed. Alhadin Zareef Marketplace 0 August 14th 07 06:27 AM
Aches wafflycat UK 7 August 6th 07 12:04 PM
To reduce your body weight & slim your body Loss weight Unicycling 3 July 21st 07 01:05 PM
Aches Doki UK 28 March 30th 05 08:14 PM
Road Race Body Armour J999w Racing 17 August 12th 04 02:11 PM