Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD

Old July 28th 11, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Garrison Hilliard

Default Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD

Talk about hell on wheels!

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was beating
the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over by the NYPD
for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New York Daily News
reports.

Rijcken, who was in town for the New Amsterdam Bike Show, says she was
approached by an officer who told her that her outfit was "very
disturbing, and it's distracting the cars and it's dangerous."

"I thought he was joking around but he got angry and asked me for ID,"
the 31-year-old tells the paper. "I didn't even think for one second
that my outfit could be harmful or disturbing. I was on my way back to
the hotel when it happened and I changed into pants. I didn't want to
get into trouble again."

The "leggy blonde" says she was let go without receiving a ticket, and
did not catch the officer's name.

"Whether this story bears even a modest semblance of what actually
occurred is impossible to establish without being provided the
purported officer's name and getting his side of the story," NYPD
Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne responded when questioned by the
paper.

We may not know his name, but we do know this: He's never had his
maxidress caught in a bike spoke.

Meanwhile, there's more bad news for miniskirt lovers: A recent study
says they're a no-go for women over 35.

http://fashionetc.com/news/fashion/2...pai gn=launch
Old July 28th 11, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
SMS

On 7/28/2011 7:54 AM, Garrison Hilliard wrote:

Rijcken, who was in town for the New Amsterdam Bike Show, says she was
approached by an officer who told her that her outfit was "very
disturbing, and it's distracting the cars and it's dangerous."

Well no doubt the cop was recalling the Seinfeld episode where Kramer
and Jerry get into an car accident when Kramer was distracted by
bra-clad Sue Ellen Mischke.
Old July 29th 11, 02:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
mac[_3_]

Rijcken, who was in town for the New Amsterdam Bike Show, says she was
approached by an officer who told her that her outfit was "very
disturbing, and it's distracting the cars and it's dangerous."

I'd better be csreful! When I'm wearing bike gear, people blanch and cover
their eyes!
Old July 29th 11, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Colin B.[_2_]

In rec.bicycles.tech Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Talk about hell on wheels!

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was beating
the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over by the NYPD
for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New York Daily News
reports.

The Village voice had a picture of her wearing the offending skirt. I'm
fairly sure I'd have been distracted by it too, but that's my fault, not
hers.
~
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...jn_rijcken.php

Old July 29th 11, 04:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Hank

On Jul 28, 7:54*am, Garrison Hilliard wrote:
[...]

http://fashionetc.com/news/fashion/2...nypd?utm_sourc...

This thread is useless without pictures.
Old July 29th 11, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"Colin B." wrote:

In rec.bicycles.tech Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Talk about hell on wheels!

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was
beating the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over
by the NYPD for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New
York Daily News reports.

The Village voice had a picture of her wearing the offending skirt.
I'm fairly sure I'd have been distracted by it too, but that's my
fault, not hers. ~
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...jn_rijcken.php

I've seen way more distracting outfits on bicyclists than that.

--
Just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there
Believe it if you need it or leave it if you dare
Old July 29th 11, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Ben Pfaff

Garrison Hilliard writes:

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was beating
the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over by the NYPD
for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New York Daily News
reports.

Must be a New York thing. I've seen completely naked people ride
through San Francisco without getting pulled over.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org
Old July 29th 11, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
AMuzi

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
"Colin B." wrote:

In rec.bicycles.tech Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Talk about hell on wheels!

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was
beating the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over
by the NYPD for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New
York Daily News reports.

The Village voice had a picture of her wearing the offending skirt.
I'm fairly sure I'd have been distracted by it too, but that's my
fault, not hers. ~
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...jn_rijcken.php

I've seen way more distracting outfits on bicyclists than that.

My neighborhood is full of cyclists with exposed flesh as
well, many quite distracting (which is a 'feature' not a
'problem').

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old July 29th 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:54:43 -0400, Garrison Hilliard
wrote:

Rijcken, who was in town for the New Amsterdam Bike Show, says she was
approached by an officer who told her that her outfit was "very
disturbing, and it's distracting the cars and it's dangerous."

VANMOOF NY miniskirt protest ride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTw0aXCGbZ8

How to gracefully mount a bicycle while wearing a miniskirt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwlyWt7H7IA

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D