repro decals

Old May 26th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default repro decals

I have a Motobecane Team Champion from the late 70s from which all the
decals were removed early on, except for "Team Champion" on the top
tube. The lettering in the original decals was dark blue, not black;
I think the chances of finding matching NOS decals are nil.

On the web and usenet, I find many references to people making repro
decals, both traditioal wet transfer and viny.. Or at least, people
who used to do this - the one thing I cannot find is an actual current
source of reproduction decals. All the links I find are dead, all the
trails have gone cold.

Does anyone have any current source of repro decals?

Old May 27th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

http://www.cyclart.com
Old June 2nd 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I'd already found Cyclomondo on Ebay and sent a message (via Ebay).
No reply. I suppose I could try again...
Old June 2nd 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Any local commercial graphics house can do this for you on acetate film.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

That would be true, if I had originals as a reference - unfortunately
I do not. I also expect a graphics shop would charge quite a bit for
a one-off like this. Others have suggested doing them myself but I've
seen firsthand how badly typcal inkjet prints fade.Looks like there's
no simple answer to this one...

Old June 4th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 2, 4:12 pm, still just me wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:06:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Any local commercial graphics house can do this for you on acetate film.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

That would be true, if I had originals as a reference - unfortunately
I do not. I also expect a graphics shop would charge quite a bit for
a one-off like this. Others have suggested doing them myself but I've
seen firsthand how badly typcal inkjet prints fade.Looks like there's
no simple answer to this one...

Try this email address: (replace the DOT
with a ".") Greg is a little slow to reply some times but he is a
great guy to work with.

In a test of inkjet inks, most were found to fade in about 5 years.
Epson's pigmented inks were good for about 90 years.

That said, I'd still go with Greg's work. He already has most
Motobecane decals from that era worked out. Since he has the font,
churning out what you need should not be difficult.

Thanks, I'll ring him again.
Old June 5th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 2, 4:12 pm, still just me wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:06:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Try this email address: (replace the DOT
with a ".") Greg is a little slow to reply some times but he is a
great guy to work with.

I've tried several permutations of that address but they bounced. I
understand the part about replacing the 'DOT' but what's with the
three periods before the '@'?

Old June 6th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James Thomson

a écrit:

I've tried several permutations of that address but they bounced. I
understand the part about replacing the 'DOT' but what's with the
three periods before the '@'?

Googlegroups disguises the address to prevent automated address harvesting
from newsgroup posts. If you were using a different newsreader you would
see:

gtsoftley at ozemail etc

James Thomson

wtb Gazelle decals Timothy Douma Marketplace 0 October 26th 06 05:33 AM
Cool Uni Decals pdc Unicycling 2 March 15th 06 05:17 PM
How to remove decals? miamicuse General 3 January 1st 06 04:51 PM
GT Decals Callaghan Mountain Biking 4 December 28th 04 10:09 PM
WTB Bob Jackson decals TRMaurer Marketplace 2 July 21st 04 11:34 PM