flying elbows

Old July 15th 05, 03:53 PM
matabala

Default flying elbows

Is the flapping elbow gesture really needed to notify the next rider to take
a pull? Horner seems to like its use but I never noticed many other guys
bothering. Seems like wasted energy as it's self-evident when the lead guy
pulls off.

Old July 15th 05, 04:51 PM
Mark VandenBerghe

It uses slightly more energy than giving them the finger

Mark VandenBerghe

maybe Dr. Cogglin can calculate the exact wattage wasted...

Old July 15th 05, 04:58 PM
gym.gravity

Mark VandenBerghe wrote:
It uses slightly more energy than giving them the finger

Mark VandenBerghe

maybe Dr. Cogglin can calculate the exact wattage wasted...

I would figure less energy, based on maintaining an aerodynamic tuck
and less muscle recruitment than would be required to bring the arm
back, muscle recruitment for digital extension, and muscle recruitment
for returning the arm to the handlebars (against a headwind).

Travelling without flying Nick Kew UK 38 April 18th 05 10:33 AM
Flying iakobski UK 1 April 12th 05 02:39 PM
'Bent on flying Chris Zacho The Wheelman General 13 March 11th 04 04:38 AM
Flying Jump Mount daino149 Unicycling 11 February 4th 04 04:14 AM
Flying bike dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 3 December 5th 03 09:29 PM