Quality of DAVINCI Aluminum road frame at $450 Canadian

Old August 12th 03, 05:20 PM
Peter

Default Quality of DAVINCI Aluminum road frame at $450 Canadian

I am considering a Davinci Aluminum road frame. Sorry I don't recall
the model I was looking at right now. I do remember that it cost $450
Canadian. Is this a good quality frame to put Veloce components on?

I know that frame angles have a lot to do with how harsh a bike feels.
My old touring Cannondale rides like a dream and seems to float over
the rough paved patches that abound here in my neck of the woods. I
was thinking of a newer frame because the brake calipers (57mm) are
set at their maxinum reach and I would like to upgrade them as well.
An experienced cyclist at another shop wanted to know why I wanted an
aluminum frame. He claimed that without carbon fiber rear stays
aluminum frames are considerably harsher than steel. Is this true? I'd
like to try an aluminum road frame before riding but don't have a
credit card for a sequrity deposit and have not dealt with this shop
extensively. $450 is the maxinum I can afford for an Aluminum frame
because I also need to buy a new seat post and stem.

Thanks for the advice.

Need 43cm road frame Mike Jacoubowsky General 0 March 16th 04 08:29 AM
Need advice on road bike frame material - alum, composite, or comp/steel Mike General 19 February 14th 04 09:58 AM
TT frame for road use? Matt J General 4 November 13th 03 11:16 PM
FA: 54cm Fixed gear 700c Road frame Ian Yates General 5 October 22nd 03 10:35 AM
Threaded versus threadless headset Hjalmar Duklęt General 64 August 29th 03 06:55 PM