New Bike

Old August 12th 03, 09:14 PM
Swain \ Tallsilver\ Piver

Default New Bike

Just picked up my '04 Giant OCR I today and am very pleased with what I see.
Just rode it around the parking lot but the Ultegra shifters are nice
compared to what I've been used to.

The bike came with Xero hubs and rims and I know nothing about them. Tried
their website but it doesn't seem to be working properly, at least for me,
so I can't get specs. Does anyone have experience with Xero hubs and/or
wheels?? Also, what's the consensus on the Truvativ Cranks and bottom
bracket?

I would suppose that they're pretty low end as far as road components go???

Thanks for your help,

Aaron Piver

Old August 12th 03, 11:18 PM
G. Huang

Swain \" Tallsilver\" Piver wrote:
Also, what's the consensus on the Truvativ Cranks and bottom
bracket?

I would suppose that they're pretty low end as far as road components go???

Can't comment on the quality but the Truvativ road cranks and BB in LBS
here are more expensive than Ultegra parts, so your store may be able to
exchange them for Ultegra at no charge if you like Ultegra parts.

Old August 13th 03, 01:11 AM
Swain \Tallsilver\ Piver

Can't comment on the quality but the Truvativ road cranks and BB in LBS
here are more expensive than Ultegra parts, so your store may be able to
exchange them for Ultegra at no charge if you like Ultegra parts.

Thanks, I took the bike for a short spin today after doing some adjustments
and everything seems to be fine. I'll give all the parts a good test
tomorrow on a 10 mile shakeout! :-))

Aaron Piver

Old August 13th 03, 01:35 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles

Can't comment on the quality but the Truvativ road cranks and BB in LBS
here are more expensive than Ultegra parts, so your store may be able to
exchange them for Ultegra at no charge if you like Ultegra parts.

The Truvativ cranks used on production bikes are, in most cases, OEM
versions that cost considerably less than the "group" component they
replace. Otherwise, Giant would just stick with the Ultegra cranks, since
they have considerably better name recognition amongst the road-bike crowd.

--Mike--
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com

Old August 13th 03, 12:10 PM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:14:04 GMT, "Swain \" Tallsilver\" Piver"
wrote:

The bike came with Xero hubs and rims and I know nothing about them. Tried
their website but it doesn't seem to be working properly, at least for me,
so I can't get specs. Does anyone have experience with Xero hubs and/or
wheels?? Also, what's the consensus on the Truvativ Cranks and bottom
bracket?

Ride it and enjoy!

Barry

Chain skipping Micheal Artindale Mountain Biking 17 June 26th 04 12:56 AM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
Best Way to Travel with a Bike on an Airplane F1 General 5 August 14th 03 10:39 PM