Seattle to Portland Rider(s) Needed

Old May 8th 04, 04:37 PM
Cycle America

Default Seattle to Portland Rider(s) Needed

The National Bicycle Greenway (NBG) needs a cyclist (multiple riders OK)
to get the Friday May 14 Seattle NBG Day proclamation down to Portland
City Hall for Portland NBG Day on Monday May 17. Both events take place
at noon and the Cascade Bike Club can supply routing information for
this 172 mile connection. You can be a part of both ceremonies both of
which usually result in media attention or you can just make it a
weekend ride and pick the Seattle's document up anytime after 2PM on
Friday from Angle Lake Cyclery and deliver it any time before 10AM on
Monday May 17 at Coventry Cycle Works in downtown Portland. To find out
more about the NBG go to http://NationalBicycleGreenway.com. To learn
more about the exciting 3rd Annual National Mayors' Ride which will
visit* visit 24 west coast cities, 6 east coast cities, and 41 in all
before it ends in Chicago on July 30, go to
http://www.BikeRoute.com/NationalMayorsRide2004 . After the ride kicks
off from Seattle, a new Mayors' Ride city this year, other relay legs
will find athletes on Rowbikes, a unicyclist pedaling from San
Francisco to the Windy City, Tampa FL creating a huge celebration send
off of its own and antique HiWheelers turning heads in the SF Bay Area
and along the Sacramento American River Parkway, etc, all as Claire
Machado's band, C.A.M. Engine, prepares population centers from LA to
Chicago for the riders' arrivals with music.

To join the ride, go to:
http://NationalBicycleGreenway.com/Forms/newriders.php

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.bikeroute.com/AwakeAgain
Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, '79 & '86 TransAms********
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor*
Can You Change it with Love?*
N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y