handlebar bag support

Old January 5th 04, 09:30 PM
Steve Watkin

Default handlebar bag support

Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an old
handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of the bag
and it's contents keep it in place.

Old January 5th 04, 10:16 PM
Richard Bates

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:30:40 +0000 (UTC), in
, "Steve Watkin"
wrote:

Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an old
handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of the bag
and it's contents keep it in place.

From my garage if you don't mind paying postage. I think it is still
hanging up there somewhere. If being used with a horizontal stem it
will need bending back into shape (I previosuly used it with a stem
that was angled upwards).

Email me and I'll let you know if I still have it.
--
Due to a typing error on the Children's Hospital menu
Saturday evening now offers "Beef burger in a bum".
Old January 5th 04, 10:28 PM
MSeries

Steve Watkin wrote:
Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an
old handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of
the bag and it's contents keep it in place.

I have one you can have for the cost of the postage

Old January 5th 04, 10:53 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

"MSeries" typed

Steve Watkin wrote:
Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an
old handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of
the bag and it's contents keep it in place.

I have one you can have for the cost of the postage

So do I!

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old January 6th 04, 01:53 AM
Tony W

"Steve Watkin" wrote in message
Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an old
handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of the bag
and it's contents keep it in place.

A length of brake cable??

Old January 6th 04, 10:00 AM
Steve Watkin

Must be said "what a good load of good guys" I'd almost given up with
trying to find this and then three arrive all at once (bit like buses in the
old days!)
Thanks all. I will contact you directly.

SW

Old January 6th 04, 12:35 PM
Simon Brooke

"Steve Watkin" writes:

Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an old
handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of the bag
and it's contents keep it in place.

I have one which I no longer use[1]. Could send it to you for the cost of
postage. It's a 1980s Carradice one which the bag clips onto and which also
supports the bag underneath.

[1] I now use a new type Carradice bag with the klikfix bracket.

;; Sending your money to someone just because they've erected
;; a barrier of obscurity and secrets around the tools you
;; need to use your data does not help the economy or spur
;; innovation. - Waffle Iron Slashdot, June 16th, 2002
Old January 7th 04, 09:47 PM
Steve Watkin

Richard

How do I reach you

SW

"Richard Bates" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an old
handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of the bag
and it's contents keep it in place.

From my garage if you don't mind paying postage. I think it is still