and the purple jersey goes to...

Old July 29th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Meg Worley

Default and the purple jersey goes to...

If there were a jersey for Liggettism, it would of course be purple.
As I write, there are 20km left to go, but the leader for the Maillot
Violet already has a big enough lead that he can't be caught.

And the winner is Al Trautwig, speaking of Levi's TT:
"When he lit up the road, it was lights out!"

Congratulations, Al. Phil, Paul, Bobke, you are fine competitors --
better luck next year.

(Good thing no one got ejected for illegal consultation of Merriam-
Webster. We fans can only handle so much.)

Rage away,

meg

--

Meg Worley _._ _._ Comparatively Literate
Old August 1st 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
-=- jd -=-

I forget which stage it was but I thought that the best Liggettism that
I heard was actually a "Roll'ism" - Bob and Al were blundering thier way
through something and we viewers were being presented with yet another
helo based scenery view. Bob starts in on something like "....and these
pictures being brought to you by... " right about now Al starts to
interject in about something (backgrounded bla blah blah) and Bob just
stammers and finishes off with "... the camera."

Or something like that - it was a "duh" moment and was kind of funny to
see / hear. Guess ya had to be there.

-=- jd -=-

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
(Meg Worley) wrote:

If there were a jersey for Liggettism, it would of course be purple.
As I write, there are 20km left to go, but the leader for the Maillot
Violet already has a big enough lead that he can't be caught.

And the winner is Al Trautwig, speaking of Levi's TT:
"When he lit up the road, it was lights out!"

Congratulations, Al. Phil, Paul, Bobke, you are fine competitors --
better luck next year.

(Good thing no one got ejected for illegal consultation of Merriam-
Webster. We fans can only handle so much.)

Liggett is disqualified for taking every opportunity to
turn a topic to doping. Then he would talk about how we
can look forward in years to come to clean racing. Does
he believe this twaddle, or is he working to bring back
omerta? The latter I can live with.