I'm pooped

Old March 26th 05, 01:16 AM
Small Change

Default I'm pooped

Y'all recall I'm one of driving forces in the new local mountain bike club?

Here's what-all is happening; (!!)
The manager of the one state park wants our group rate all the trails in the
park for mountain bikers. This is part of the inventory process for the
master plan that will let us build more trails up there.

Our club has been approved by the City as an Adopt a Park partner for the
main recreational area that mountain bikers use. We are approved for clean
up and seasonal trail maintenance. So with those permissions, we are having
a trail maintenance workshop ( how to) run by our local IMBA rep, AND a
trash
clean up day.

We are sponsoring the Trail Care Crew in August for a few days.

We got the whole insurance/waiver thing together.

I built a website.

We've been hanging out at local races promoting the club.

And to top it off, we just got permission from the city for building
technical trail features at the Adopt a Park location. Only thing is, I need
to find other people to spearhead this one, I'm getting maxed out here! I
shouldn't think it would be too hard to find some folks who might like to
build stuff legally. Or maybe, the stealth factor is part of the fun...?

First official ride is tomorrow. Looks like rain.

Penny

Old March 26th 05, 01:26 AM
Ride-A-Lot

Small Change wrote:
[...]

Good stuff! Welcome to the club. There's no going back!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 26th 05, 02:43 AM
G Wood

Way to go! An inspiration to us all.

Where's the club - or rather the park? Can out-of-towners (clubbers) use
the trails ?

Gary

Old March 26th 05, 03:01 AM
Small Change

Way to go! An inspiration to us all.

Where's the club - or rather the park? Can out-of-towners (clubbers)
use the trails ?

Gary

It's just all our local Spokane stuff.
The club is Fat Tire Trail Riders, our "adopt a park" is Camp Sekani which
is part of a larger area of mixed ownership, called Beacon Hill.

penny

Old March 26th 05, 03:23 AM
Slack

Small Change wrote:
[...]

Awesome... you kick ass!
--
Slack :-)
Old March 26th 05, 12:53 PM
Michael Dart

Slack wrote:
Small Change wrote:
[...]

It doesn't seem all that long ago that Penny was on here asking what bike to
buy. ;^)

Mike