Man jailed for cycle thefts

Old August 5th 11, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Man jailed for cycle thefts

QUOTE:

"Twenty-nine-year old Brian Roberts from Edlington has been sentenced to ten
weeks in prison for stealing 29 bicycles from around the Town Centre.
Two other men aged 18 and 23 have been charged with theft for stealing one
bicycle each, they have been bailed and are due in court in August.

Due to the increase in thefts of bicycles in Doncaster, the safer
neighbourhood teams have been conducting extra patrols in hot spot areas,
which resulted in the suspects being caught.

PC Chris Lindley from the Town Centre Safer Neighbourhood Team said: "I am
pleased with this result and I want to reassure the public that we will
continue with the extra patrols to prevent the theft of bikes."

http://southyorks.police.uk/news/040...er-town-centre

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old August 5th 11, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ding Dong

On 05/08/2011 12:18, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

I make it that you've started 52 out of the last 75 topics on URC. Most
of which are anti-motorist trolling.
Old August 5th 11, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 05/08/2011 12:18, Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
"Twenty-nine-year old Brian Roberts from Edlington has been sentenced to ten
weeks in prison for stealing 29 bicycles from around the Town Centre.
Two other men aged 18 and 23 have been charged with theft for stealing one
bicycle each, they have been bailed and are due in court in August.
Due to the increase in thefts of bicycles in Doncaster, the safer
neighbourhood teams have been conducting extra patrols in hot spot areas,
which resulted in the suspects being caught.
PC Chris Lindley from the Town Centre Safer Neighbourhood Team said: "I am
pleased with this result and I want to reassure the public that we will
continue with the extra patrols to prevent the theft of bikes."
http://southyorks.police.uk/news/040...er-town-centre

I've long thought that theft should be illegal.

I wonder who steals bikes, and for what purpose?

Do you think it might either be cyclists doing the stealing, or - at a pinch
(though a rather unlikely one) - someone stealing in order to supply
cyclists who aren't fussy about which lorry their "new" bikes fell off?
Old August 6th 11, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Ding Dong" wrote in message
On 05/08/2011 12:18, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

I make it that you've started 52 out of the last 75 topics on URC. Most
of which are anti-motorist trolling.

uk.rec.driving is that way ----
Close the door on your way out.