Trail Building for REI and IMBA

Old December 13th 04, 03:58 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Default Trail Building for REI and IMBA

On Saturday our club (Jersey Action Riders) were presented with a trail
stewardship award from IMBA and REI. They gave us some tools and other
stuff and REI staff from their two local stores will join us in trail
maintenance and MTB promotions. They were very friendly and excited to
be a part of it, as were we. Here's a pic. That's me and my pseudo
trail dog, Phoebe (my miniature schnauzers would never sit still for a
photo).

http://www.schnauzers.ws/blog/jarrei.jpg

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 13th 04, 04:06 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
On Saturday our club (Jersey Action Riders) were presented with a trail
stewardship award from IMBA and REI. They gave us some tools and other
stuff and REI staff from their two local stores will join us in trail
maintenance and MTB promotions. They were very friendly and excited to
be a part of it, as were we. Here's a pic. That's me and my pseudo
trail dog, Phoebe (my miniature schnauzers would never sit still for a
photo).

http://www.schnauzers.ws/blog/jarrei.jpg

Oops. Take blog out of it.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/jarrei.jpg

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 13th 04, 04:11 PM
small change

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
On Saturday our club (Jersey Action Riders) were presented with a
trail stewardship award from IMBA and REI. They gave us some tools
and other stuff and REI staff from their two local stores will join
us in trail maintenance and MTB promotions. They were very friendly
and excited to be a part of it, as were we. Here's a pic. That's
me and my pseudo trail dog, Phoebe (my miniature schnauzers would
never sit still for a photo).

http://www.schnauzers.ws/blog/jarrei.jpg

Oops. Take blog out of it.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/jarrei.jpg

Did you apply or what? We are just getting a trail oriented mtb group
together here, and that would be something cool to get. I know the mgr of
the local REI, would that help?http://www.cet.com/~pennys/fttrc/fttrc.htm
Our first meeting is in January.

Penny

Old December 13th 04, 04:22 PM
Ride-A-Lot

small change wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

On Saturday our club (Jersey Action Riders) were presented with a
trail stewardship award from IMBA and REI. They gave us some tools
and other stuff and REI staff from their two local stores will join
us in trail maintenance and MTB promotions. They were very friendly
and excited to be a part of it, as were we. Here's a pic. That's
me and my pseudo trail dog, Phoebe (my miniature schnauzers would
never sit still for a photo).

http://www.schnauzers.ws/blog/jarrei.jpg

Oops. Take blog out of it.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/jarrei.jpg

Did you apply or what? We are just getting a trail oriented mtb group
together here, and that would be something cool to get. I know the mgr of
the local REI, would that help?http://www.cet.com/~pennys/fttrc/fttrc.htm
Our first meeting is in January.

Penny

Yes. First you have to be an IMBA affiliate club. There is a charge
for that. Then you apply, but it is a good idea to get a letter of
reccomendation from your local REI. It's all worth it. Those tools are
very expensive.

Becoming an IMBA affiliated club will also give you the opportunity to
have the Subaru Trail Care Crew spend a weekend teaching the club and
helping build trails for free.

Good luck!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 13th 04, 06:21 PM
Bert L.am

"Ride-A-Lot" schreef in bericht
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
On Saturday our club (Jersey Action Riders) were presented with a trail
stewardship award from IMBA and REI. They gave us some tools and other
stuff and REI staff from their two local stores will join us in trail
maintenance and MTB promotions. They were very friendly and excited to
be a part of it, as were we. Here's a pic. That's me and my pseudo
trail dog, Phoebe (my miniature schnauzers would never sit still for a
photo).

http://www.schnauzers.ws/blog/jarrei.jpg

Oops. Take blog out of it.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/jarrei.jpg

Who's the Schnauzer?

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
Old December 13th 04, 06:39 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

On Saturday our club (Jersey Action Riders) were presented with a trail
stewardship award from IMBA and REI. They gave us some tools and other
stuff and REI staff from their two local stores will join us in trail
maintenance and MTB promotions. They were very friendly and excited to
be a part of it, as were we. Here's a pic. That's me and my pseudo
trail dog, Phoebe (my miniature schnauzers would never sit still for a
photo).

http://www.schnauzers.ws/blog/jarrei.jpg

Oops. Take blog out of it.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/jarrei.jpg

Who's the Schnauzer?

Not pictured. My dogs plus the wheaten that is pictured.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 13th 04, 06:44 PM
small change

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

Penny

Yes. First you have to be an IMBA affiliate club. There is a charge
for that. Then you apply, but it is a good idea to get a letter of
reccomendation from your local REI. It's all worth it. Those tools
are very expensive.

Becoming an IMBA affiliated club will also give you the opportunity to
have the Subaru Trail Care Crew spend a weekend teaching the club and
helping build trails for free.

We've already paid our dues, I know about that part, duh. ;-) The crew is
coming to Mt Spokane St. Park this spring. Do you know if you have to have
your 501-3C in place to apply /recieve that grant? We are still getting
everything together...

Penny

Old December 13th 04, 06:55 PM
Ride-A-Lot

small change wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

Penny

Yes. First you have to be an IMBA affiliate club. There is a charge
for that. Then you apply, but it is a good idea to get a letter of
reccomendation from your local REI. It's all worth it. Those tools
are very expensive.

Becoming an IMBA affiliated club will also give you the opportunity to
have the Subaru Trail Care Crew spend a weekend teaching the club and
helping build trails for free.

We've already paid our dues, I know about that part, duh. ;-) The crew is
coming to Mt Spokane St. Park this spring. Do you know if you have to have
your 501-3C in place to apply /recieve that grant? We are still getting
everything together...

Penny

No, you do not need the non-profit status for that. JAR has not applied
for NP yet.

You'll enjoy the trail building school. It's very informative and the
TC crew are great people.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 13th 04, 07:06 PM
small change

We've already paid our dues, I know about that part, duh. ;-) The
crew is coming to Mt Spokane St. Park this spring. Do you know if
you have to have your 501-3C in place to apply /recieve that grant?
We are still getting everything together...

Penny

No, you do not need the non-profit status for that. JAR has not
applied for NP yet.

You'll enjoy the trail building school. It's very informative and the
TC crew are great people.

I did trail school about 5 years ago - it will be fun to do it again ,and
to have a organization to utilize the learning.

Penny