The Dancing Chain

Old March 22nd 05, 04:35 AM
RonSonic

Default The Dancing Chain

Well, about a month ago I went on line and suggested to my library system that
they should get this book so that I and the other patrons could read it.

I picked it up this morning and am just wallowing in big foaming buckets of
cyclo-geek joy. This is GOOD. Frank knows this stuff and is happy to show you
too. Dig it.

Ron

Old March 22nd 05, 04:40 AM
jim beam

RonSonic wrote:
Well, about a month ago I went on line and suggested to my library system that
they should get this book so that I and the other patrons could read it.

I picked it up this morning and am just wallowing in big foaming buckets of
cyclo-geek joy. This is GOOD. Frank knows this stuff and is happy to show you
too. Dig it.

Ron

i second that. i thought i was an obsessive geek until i opened that
book. wow, he's really gone hog wild!

Old March 22nd 05, 06:01 AM
Donald Gillies

jim beam writes:

RonSonic wrote:
Well, about a month ago I went on line and suggested to my library system that
they should get this book so that I and the other patrons could read it.

i second that. i thought i was an obsessive geek until i opened that
book. wow, he's really gone hog wild!

Guys, from 1970 until 1980, every issue of Bicycling! magazine was
like a Chapter of the "Dancing Chain". That was, until, Rodevil Press
bought that magazine and sucked the life out of it in one short
decade.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Old March 22nd 05, 02:59 PM
Ken Marcet

"RonSonic" wrote in message

Well, about a month ago I went on line and suggested to my library system

that
they should get this book so that I and the other patrons could read it.

I picked it up this morning and am just wallowing in big foaming buckets

of
cyclo-geek joy. This is GOOD. Frank knows this stuff and is happy to show

you
too. Dig it.

Ron

Sounds almost like the library system here in Sorrysota, I have been waiting
for over a month for "The Recumbent Bicycle" to come in from some other
library.

Ken

Old March 22nd 05, 06:41 PM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Ken Marcet wrote:
"RonSonic" wrote in message

Well, about a month ago I went on line and suggested to my library
system that they should get this book so that I and the other
patrons could read it.

I picked it up this morning and am just wallowing in big foaming
buckets of cyclo-geek joy. This is GOOD. Frank knows this stuff and
is happy to show you too. Dig it.

Ron

Sounds almost like the library system here in Sorrysota, I have been
waiting for over a month for "The Recumbent Bicycle" to come in from
some other library.

Ken

As a rare-ish book, buying it online and selling it one library rental
period later would be well worth it... Amazon itself has the lowest price
available. It would become a coffee table book for me though.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old March 22nd 05, 06:58 PM
Jay Beattie

"Donald Gillies" wrote in message
jim beam writes:

RonSonic wrote:
Well, about a month ago I went on line and suggested to my

library system that
they should get this book so that I and the other patrons

could read it.

i second that. i thought i was an obsessive geek until i

opened that
book. wow, he's really gone hog wild!

Guys, from 1970 until 1980, every issue of Bicycling! magazine

was
like a Chapter of the "Dancing Chain". That was, until,

Rodevil Press
bought that magazine and sucked the life out of it in one short
decade.

Although I got pretty tired of the endless gear permutations,
half-step plus granny and what you could do with a Huret Duopar
derailleur. I refused to keep a gear chart on my stem. At least
it was real bicycle magazine and not the POS of today. BTW, I
cancelled my subscription almost two years ago, and it is STILL
coming. I bet they have to keep the subscription numbers up to
sell advertising. -- Jay Beattie.

Old March 22nd 05, 07:01 PM

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:41:04 GMT, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
wrote:

Ken Marcet wrote:
"RonSonic" wrote in message

Well, about a month ago I went on line and suggested to my library
system that they should get this book so that I and the other
patrons could read it.

I picked it up this morning and am just wallowing in big foaming
buckets of cyclo-geek joy. This is GOOD. Frank knows this stuff and
is happy to show you too. Dig it.

Ron

Sounds almost like the library system here in Sorrysota, I have been
waiting for over a month for "The Recumbent Bicycle" to come in from
some other library.

Ken

As a rare-ish book, buying it online and selling it one library rental
period later would be well worth it... Amazon itself has the lowest price
available. It would become a coffee table book for me though.

Dear Ken and Phil,

Fehlau's "Recumbent Bicycle" is available new for $17 (used
for $13) plus shipping.

Berto's "Dancing Chain" goes for about $34 plus shipping,
but Amazon has free shipping at that price:

http://www.bookfinder.com

Carl Fogel

Old March 22nd 05, 07:37 PM
Donald Gillies

here is the best deal on a copy of "The Dancing Chain" :

_______________________________

We wrote last month about the 2nd edition of "The Dancing Chain."

I'm glad to tell you that I now have 300 copies sitting in the guest
bedroom. It is a gorgeous book and I'm proud of it.

The attachment tells you all about it and how to order an autographed
copy.

GEARS2U! Frank Berto

_______________________________

To order an autographed copy of The Dancing Chain, send a check or
money order for $59.00 to:

Frank Berto
70 Crane Drive
San Anselmo CA 94960

This covers packing and media mail postage. California addresses add
$4.00 for CA Sales Tax.

Tell me if you want a special autograph, otherwise it will be:

GEARS2U! Frank Berto

Old March 22nd 05, 08:03 PM
Frank Miles

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

Well, about a month ago I went on line and suggested to my library system that
they should get this book so that I and the other patrons could read it.

I picked it up this morning and am just wallowing in big foaming buckets of
cyclo-geek joy. This is GOOD. Frank knows this stuff and is happy to show you
too. Dig it.

How much/what is new with this edition?

-frank

The Dancing Chain, by Frank Berto [email protected] Techniques 1 December 13th 04 10:19 PM
The Dancing Chain, by Frank Berto [email protected] Techniques 0 December 4th 04 05:52 PM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Chain snap, rider seriously injured psycholist Techniques 42 September 19th 04 06:25 PM