Howard Stern and the TDF

Old July 27th 05, 12:40 AM

Default Howard Stern and the TDF

Very funny this morning. Someone asked Howard if he liked to watch the
Tour de France. he said he didn't like "Anything-de-France"...Mostly
they all spent a few minutes showing how they have absolutely no
understanding of how a stage race works. Robin was the biggest idiot,
talking about how she watched Lance ride across the line, not win the
race, but yet "win the race".

Old July 27th 05, 08:01 AM
Laz

wrote in message
oups.com...
Very funny this morning. Someone asked Howard if he liked to watch the
Tour de France. he said he didn't like "Anything-de-France"...Mostly
they all spent a few minutes showing how they have absolutely no
understanding of how a stage race works. Robin was the biggest idiot,
talking about how she watched Lance ride across the line, not win the
race, but yet "win the race".

what do you expect from talk show hosts ? intelligent dialogue and insight ?
they are fools who prosper by taking cheap shots at the rest of mankind that
struggles towards achievement.

Laz

Old July 27th 05, 05:26 PM
Mike

listening to NPR the other day:

Mara Liason, who orates at a high level regarding world economic issues was
baffled by the TdF and how complex the 'winning' is. Frankie Andreu
explained it to her but she still did NOT understand.
I guess I'll get my world news somewhere else if she can't understand
accumulative time.

oups.com...

Old July 27th 05, 07:47 PM
k.papai

I doubt Mara Liasson, as smart and genus as she is, really knows that
much about baseball or american football rules either.
She's an excellent political junkie and would be silly to expect her to
know anything about pro road racing.

_KEN_

Old July 27th 05, 08:36 PM

He's funny. And the hosts of NPR are "not funny".

I just thought it amusing that Stern gave air time to a discussion of
the TDF, but I expected nothing different than what he delivered, and
even that was funny.

To give him some credit, he also made some good observations about the
riders being crazy for still being willing to compete even though they
do not adequately keep the fans away from the peloton.

Old July 27th 05, 09:02 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Ed Sullivan wrote:

Stern is a moron. For God's sake, save yourself and stop listening to
his pompous drivel.

Dumbass -

Stern's spew is worthless, but he's actually gotta be pretty smart to
do what he's done. He understands the adolescent part of the male mind
and is oh-so-quick to link into the Beavis and Butthead of it.

I've only heard him a few times and was impressed with how fast he was.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old July 28th 05, 04:25 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Mike" wrote:

listening to NPR the other day:

Mara Liason, who orates at a high level regarding world economic issues was
baffled by the TdF and how complex the 'winning' is. Frankie Andreu
explained it to her but she still did NOT understand.
I guess I'll get my world news somewhere else if she can't understand
accumulative time.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Very funny this morning. Someone asked Howard if he liked to watch the
Tour de France. he said he didn't like "Anything-de-France"...Mostly
they all spent a few minutes showing how they have absolutely no
understanding of how a stage race works. Robin was the biggest idiot,
talking about how she watched Lance ride across the line, not win the
race, but yet "win the race".

How is this stuff even hard? The obvious analogue in a sport these
life-support systems for vocal cords might have heard of is golf
tournaments: it's not about the best round on Sunday, it's about the
lowest cumulative score. Same for GC.

I have no problem with people who freely admit they don't quite get
something (I mean, I still have no idea how cricket innings, scoring and
at-bats really work), but taking 10 minutes to figure this stuff out is
just not that hard when it's your job to talk about it. Just because I
don't understand cricket doesn't mean it's inexplicable.

On the other hand, it doesn't mean it _is_ explicable....

Old July 28th 05, 06:51 AM
IMKen

I thank the lord or whoever is responsible that Sicko Howard is not
interested or involved in the Tour de France or any other cycling thing.

He is scum

oups.com...