Pros+Cons of Companies

Old December 3rd 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MaxSchulze

Default Pros+Cons of Companies

ktkartch;1141872 wrote:
I personally really like KH because:

1. I really like the design of the frame compared to the nimbus and
quax. I don't like the point things on them.

2. Lightweight and usable for any type of riding.

3. Feel good!!!

Agreed, when I got my first KH 20", it was the only uni I would ever
ride, even for Muni.

--
MaxSchulze

'Kris Holm Factory Team' (http://www.krisholm.com/khu/)
Yeah!!!!!
'MySpace' (http://www.myspace.com/municycle)
and
'Sponsorship Video'
(http://unicycle.tv/video/737-MaxSchulzeSponsorshipVideo)

Old December 3rd 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ktkartch

MaxSchulze;1142036 wrote:
Agreed, when I got my first KH 20", it was the only uni I would ever
ride, even for Muni.

WOW!! MAX SCHULZE just quoted something i said!! jk but yeah i know
exactly how you feel i can't show someone a trick on there uni most of
the time. Or it just feels weird. "KH just feels right!!" They should
put that in a commercial!

--
ktkartch
Old December 3rd 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkittle

KH: What everyone else has said. Lightweight, strong, reliable,
innovative. Available at lots of dealers besides UDC.

Torker:
Pros: Low cost, wide variety of models, durable, available at discount
from lots of places.
Cons: some cheap elements, heavy.

Nimbus:
Pros: low-ish cost, good quality, wide variety of models.
Cons: heavier than KH, available only through UDC

--
pkittle

*==========================
Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg
Old December 4th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Koxx:

- Pros:
- Pretty
- light
- wide rims

Koxx effect
Cons:

- low product Consistency
- low availability
- low compatibility
- expensive
- cheaper arguably better alternatives
- edit: Yoggi No longer works for them
- Drug affiliation

--
Jeremy R

'_*BRING_ROUNDCROWNS_BACK!*_'
(http://unicycle.uk.com/Images/Shop/framecoloured1.jpg)
'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old December 4th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

pros:
KH
strong unis, very well supported, even if something does break, around
10 frames and rims going to some of the hardest riders imaginable(at
this point) is understandable. if it breaks(hub/frame/rim) it gets
replaced, unless you do something that is a no brainer and would break
anything.

Koxx:
good out of the box quality, arguably better than KH
make street rims that are BEASTS

nimbus:
good quality all around, their unis serve the purpose very well, very
few problems

cons: all unicycle brands
seatposts suck ... have you ever heard of a stock uni (save nimbus)
that kept its original seatpost

SEATS... seriously, 30 mins w/ a welder at my house (i'm not very
experienced) made a seat 10x as strong as the stock ones. ... really...
NEW SEAT STIFFENERS!

handles: i've cracked the fins out of 4 already... but i've put a trial
solution to my new one w/ hot glue between the fins, we'll see how that
turns out.

KH:
seat/seatpost fun
jacks up his price a lot, and we know it
18 or 19 signatures per unicycle... for real? come on now.

Koxx:
service, there is NONE
availability, when they get around to it
drugs? ...really...
overpriced tires and other stuff.

nimbus:
UDC-service, i've had some bumps w/ them, but they do get sorted, good
business w/ a couple of kinks.
can't think of anything... really

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"

Odd Hub Design (Pros vs. Cons?) adjuggler Unicycling 25 November 19th 08 05:10 PM
TUFO Tires - Pros & Cons ??? Maple Tree Racing 27 June 10th 08 10:27 AM
TUFO Tires - Pros & Cons ??? Maple Tree Techniques 41 June 10th 08 10:27 AM
Pros and cons of XTR Friday Australia 30 October 15th 06 03:29 PM
Pros and Cons of Medal Pedals tylercox Unicycling 9 April 10th 04 03:17 AM