Armstrong doping question

Old April 9th 05, 12:52 PM
Stephen Harding

The Wogster wrote:

If you still do it wrong, then your ballot gets tossed. Considering
that ALL parties that offer a candidate in a particular voting area,
have the right to have a representative present at the counting, and
that all ballots have serial numbers, and all ballots cast have those
numbers recorded, it works pretty well.

I think it works pretty well too.

Always room for improvement, and different voting methods
do have their capacities for error.

I just get very annoyed with people that use these common
errors in voting or counting votes, to trash the entire
electoral system as "Third World" or "stolen" purely for
political gain.

It's disgraceful, but an awful lot of people have bought
into it, largely from political orientation rather than
objective analysis. The disputed FL/2000 results have been
studied to the whazoo and nothing beyond confirming it was
a very close election (in fact, a statistical tie) has been
derived from it.

SMH

Old April 9th 05, 04:15 PM

Even when he was just starting out, he usually was in the front of his
competitors. His ability to utilize oxygen is very high. His latic
acid threshold is very high. When he went though his cancer treatment,
his muscles became very weak. When his muscles rebuilt after the
treatments were over, he exercised mostly his legs. If you look at his
upper arms and shoulders, you can see they are a bit smaller that the
other racers. This gives him the same lower body muscle strength yet
about a 5% lower total weight.

Old April 9th 05, 09:34 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Dane Jackson writes:
Mark Hickey wrote:
"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Neil made me take the test as a condition of continuing to ride with me. I
came out something like -4.5, -2.5 (close enough for Usenet?)...

Left-handed Moderate Willy

Heh... with me at -2.5, -1.08 I have to wonder what a REAL liberal
scores?

I scored:
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.56

Do I qualify?

Heck, you're practically a Canadian.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old April 10th 05, 02:59 AM
Mark Hickey

Dane Jackson wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:
"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Neil made me take the test as a condition of continuing to ride with me. I
came out something like -4.5, -2.5 (close enough for Usenet?)...

Left-handed Moderate Willy

Heh... with me at -2.5, -1.08 I have to wonder what a REAL liberal
scores?

I scored:
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.56

Do I qualify?

If you can't distinguish Jerry Falwell from Howard Dean politically,
you do. ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Old April 14th 05, 12:24 AM
Claire Petersky

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
Mark Hickey writes:

What, you don't want us to talk about you really being the Dalai Lama?

Yikes, what a scary thought. That would entail vegetarianism
and celibacy.

Actually, the Dalai Lama is not a vegetarian. See:
http://www.ivu.org/people/writers/lama.html

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

See the books I've set free at:

Old April 14th 05, 07:28 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Claire Petersky" writes:

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
Mark Hickey writes:

What, you don't want us to talk about you really being the Dalai Lama?

Yikes, what a scary thought. That would entail vegetarianism
and celibacy.

Actually, the Dalai Lama is not a vegetarian. See:
http://www.ivu.org/people/writers/lama.html

That was an interesting article. One lives & learns, eh?
I note he does feel somewhat guilty about his omnivorism.
But I won't begrudge him his baloney samwidges or whatever
tickles his fancy.

I've been on a meatless and dairyless diet for the last
few weeks, myself. More out of austerity than conscience.
But physically, I feel pretty darn good for it.

cheers,
Tom

Old April 15th 05, 01:08 AM
Pat

: I've been on a meatless and dairyless diet for the last
: few weeks, myself. More out of austerity than conscience.
: But physically, I feel pretty darn good for it.
:
: I did it all of Lent for no other reason than suspicion that there
: might be something more to it than superstition or pastoral necessity.
: Lots less mucous, that's for sure. A sort of "spring cleaning" diet.
: --
: zk

I switched from cow's milk to soy milk and the mucous problem pretty much
disappeared, too. It might just be that simple: get rid of the cow's milk.

Pat in TX

Old April 15th 05, 02:32 AM
bbaka

Pat wrote:
: I've been on a meatless and dairyless diet for the last
: few weeks, myself. More out of austerity than conscience.
: But physically, I feel pretty darn good for it.
:
: I did it all of Lent for no other reason than suspicion that there
: might be something more to it than superstition or pastoral necessity.
: Lots less mucous, that's for sure. A sort of "spring cleaning" diet.
: --
: zk

I switched from cow's milk to soy milk and the mucous problem pretty much
disappeared, too. It might just be that simple: get rid of the cow's milk.

Pat in TX

It could be lactate intolerance too. I have it and it is a pain since I
love to just chug milk by the quart. Too bad I couldn't hook up with a
Methane gas engine after the milk. Meat I won't give up but prefer
chicken breast (steamed) to any beef product, and won't get near a
McJunk food place.
Bill Baka
Old April 15th 05, 02:34 AM
The Wogster

Pat wrote:
: I've been on a meatless and dairyless diet for the last
: few weeks, myself. More out of austerity than conscience.
: But physically, I feel pretty darn good for it.
:
: I did it all of Lent for no other reason than suspicion that there
: might be something more to it than superstition or pastoral necessity.
: Lots less mucous, that's for sure. A sort of "spring cleaning" diet.
: --
: zk

I switched from cow's milk to soy milk and the mucous problem pretty much
disappeared, too. It might just be that simple: get rid of the cow's milk.

My wife used to be a stage actress, and always avoided dairy before
performing for that very reason.....