gray's anatomy

Old April 6th 05, 06:37 PM

Default gray's anatomy

The promo for next week's "Gray's Anatomy" (Sunday at 10m est on ABC),
says that they will be swamped with emergency cases after the annual
bike messenger's race. COOL! In the promo it showed lots of guys
crashing. The thing is they are crazy but these guys tend to be pretty
skillful. I have to see this! So far, I'm not that impressed with the
show, though, i have to admit.
Old April 6th 05, 07:08 PM
Bill H.

I might tune in to find out how many stereotypes about bike messengers
they mix in.
Here's my idea of a script for this episode:

NURSE: "Doctor, this bike messenger wasn't wearing a helmet and has a
serious skull fracture!"

DOCTOR: "Ahh, when will these messengers learn? You gotta wear a
helmet when you ride a bike!"

NURSE: "Doctor, the patient in the ER has suspicious bruises on his
arms. I don't know what it is!"

DOCTOR: "Damnit! He's probably a heroin addict. You never know with
these damn kids. These messengers live life in the fast lane all
right. Shooting up during work to ease the aching ambition in their
hearts! But they never know when they might get run over by someone
faster!"

NURSE: "Doctor, that doesn't even really make any sense..."

DOCTOR: "I know it doesn't! I think I'm getting a 'contact high' from
Mr. Rastafarian in radiology! Say, do any of these guys have
insurance?"

NURSE: "No, Doctor. It appears that they live on the streets. Get by
on food from dumpsters and have no permanent address. They spend any
disposable money on drugs and hookers. What a wasted life."

DOCTOR: "What a wasted life, indeed, Nurse. We're running a business
here - not a charity!"

NURSE: "So what do you want to do?"

DOCTOR: (dramatically) "I'm going to do what I was born to do - save
lives. When I graduated from Harvard Medical School I never said I
would only help the wealthy. These kids might not be the kind of folks
I play golf with, but they're human beings damnit, even underneath that
tattoo'd exterior! And if you have any reservations about getting your
hands dirty by helping these people, I don't want you in my ER. We've
got a job to do and we're going to do it."

NURSE: "Oh Doctor. I want you so badly!"

(Doctor and Nurse embrace)

FADE OUT

-Bill H.

DOCTOR:

Old April 7th 05, 02:39 AM

On 6 Apr 2005 11:08:18 -0700, "Bill H." wrote:

[...]

Hahah.... why don't you write for tv? It's better than the actual
show.

In the promo I saw it did show the guys all wearing helmets but did
hint at them being "reckless". Granted, some of those guys are totally
mazzo, but i remember seeing this video of some messengers in NYC. It
was a helmet cam. They were weaving in and out of traffic but they
were really great handlers and i'll tell you, with nerves of steel. It
is NOT for the nervous.

I actually remember a recent episode of ER where they had a collision
between a roadie and a messenger. THe roadie was of course, obnoxious
and griping about his bike being damaged (he mentioned it being a
Serotta). ANd yes, the messenger was found to have drugs in his
system!
Old April 7th 05, 11:21 AM
catzz66

Yeah, I sort of tried to get into it, but it didn't grab me at all
(beautiful people notwithstanding).

They ought to have named it "Interns in Heat" instead. I can't get into
this one. I'd rather watch NYPD reruns.
Old April 7th 05, 02:43 PM
RonSonic

[...]

You've got to get a pilot.

Ron

Old April 7th 05, 06:46 PM

Bill H. wrote in part:

NURSE: "Oh Doctor. I want you so badly!"

(Doctor and Nurse embrace)

FADE OUT

FADE OUT? Nurse sex is where it's at.

Old April 7th 05, 08:12 PM
Brian Huntley

catzz66 wrote:

Yeah, I sort of tried to get into it, but it didn't grab me at all
(beautiful people notwithstanding).

They ought to have named it "Interns in Heat" instead. I can't get

into
this one. I'd rather watch NYPD reruns.

Do NYPD Blue reruns have "Naked Sipowicz" warnings?

Old April 7th 05, 08:34 PM
catzz66

Brian Huntley wrote:
catzz66 wrote:

Yeah, I sort of tried to get into it, but it didn't grab me at all
(beautiful people notwithstanding).

They ought to have named it "Interns in Heat" instead. I can't get

into

this one. I'd rather watch NYPD reruns.

Do NYPD Blue reruns have "Naked Sipowicz" warnings?

Yes. It is a hurl alert. =]

Anatomy of a Bike Burning_Ranger UK 2 July 18th 04 03:43 PM
First unicycle descent of Gray's Peak (14,270ft) TonyMelton Unicycling 16 June 25th 04 04:02 AM