Does Selle Italia Make any comfortable saddles?

Old April 13th 04, 11:36 AM
Elmo Spam King

Default Does Selle Italia Make any comfortable saddles?

Following up myself. Whoops.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:26:23 -0700, Elmo Spam King wrote:
Well, I do believe Selle owns Brooks now, so they DO make a comfortable
saddle!

Having finished reading the entire thread and being thoroughly schooled by
Sheldon Brown (and if you can't be, I'm freakin' impressed!), I see my
error.

I believe Selle Royal has purchased Brooks and Selle Italia is a
different company.

Goodnight.

Elmo
Old April 13th 04, 05:39 PM
Adam Rush

But I don't think I can recommend the, er, Selle Italia "Zero Comfort"

http://www.selleitalia.com/products/...php3?itemid=23

I am not making this up, or the "Zero Man,"

Oh my god, did you get a close look at that link?

"FeC Alloy"

I honestly don't know what to say and will be shortly arrested for the
murder of a Marketing student.
Old April 13th 04, 05:44 PM
Adam Rush

For folks who have sensitive parts and need good clearance of their soft
bits while still getting good support under their sit-bones: The old
"Pops" or what is now known as the BiSaddle.
Their marketing stinks, but I know lots of serious riders that swear by
them.

Are they called "hygiene saddles" in English, too?

For folks who have the same issues as the folks who use the saddles above,
but also like to ride with no hands:
A good cut-out model. Unfortunately, these pretty much have to be padded
to take away from the sharp edges of the cut-out hole. I've had great
luck fitting friends and folks with the Serfas Rx Men's or Women's.

The Serfa Rx was a fantastic saddle for my roadster. Well, until it
got stolen. Granted, it isn't as macho as the 50lbs of steel I was
riding on, but now I've moved on saddles made of authentic river-worn
balsam.
Old April 20th 04, 11:08 PM
Douglas Landau

Ryan Cousineau wrote in message ...
that much of a loss.

I am fixated on the Selle Italia Nitrox, a classic plastic narrow racer
saddle that just happens to fit me perfectly. I own five copies, of
which one is black and the other four are burnt orange. Yesterday at a
race, a fellow rider recognized me from some other races because of that
orange saddle. The burnt orange helps make the saddle undesireable and
cheap; My purchase prices ranged from either C$7 or C$15 down to a low
of C$2, or less than a tall mocha frapp. Components that cost less than
non-alcoholic beverages rock.

I've got an extra one of these babies, used twice, in case anyone wants
to pick one up for the cost of six twelve-ounce alcoholic beverages.

dl