Tire recommendation, please

Old April 20th 04, 12:22 PM
Larry Fieman

Default Tire recommendation, please

rickn, a shy guy, wrote in message
Greetings:
Any suggestions?
Bike is a Bianchi Veloce.
I am a weekend warrior, 200 Lbs and definitely NOT a racer.

( Target price: $50.00 - $60.00 per pair.

Rick,
Marketing hype makes it hard to know what you are getting. Here's something
to read:
See tech tires: http://draco.acs.uci.edu/rbfaq/FAQ/
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tires.html

Regards,
Larry

Old April 20th 04, 03:10 PM
Harris

rickn rickn wrote:
Any suggestions?
Bike is a Bianchi Veloce.
I am a weekend warrior, 200 Lbs and definitely NOT a racer.(But I do
like putting reasonably nice stuff on my bike.)
Location: rough roads of Southern New Hampshire.
Target price: $50.00 - $60.00 per pair.

Avocet FasGrip 700 x 25 or IRC Road Winner.

Art Harris

Old April 20th 04, 06:31 PM
Zog The Undeniable

rickn wrote:

Greetings:
Any suggestions?
Bike is a Bianchi Veloce.
I am a weekend warrior, 200 Lbs and definitely NOT a racer.(But I do
like putting reasonably nice stuff on my bike.)
Location: rough roads of Southern New Hampshire.
Target price: $50.00 - $60.00 per pair.

Specialized Mondo Pro or Vredestein Fortezza. I've gone off
Continentals - I don't know if you have flints in New Hampshire, but we
certainly do in Hampshire (UK) and they slice the sidewalls mercilessly.

Old April 21st 04, 12:17 AM
Pat

rickn wrote:

Greetings:
Any suggestions?
Bike is a Bianchi Veloce.
I am a weekend warrior, 200 Lbs and definitely NOT a racer.(But I do
like putting reasonably nice stuff on my bike.)
Location: rough roads of Southern New Hampshire.
Target price: $50.00 - $60.00 per pair.

I switched out the original tires on my Veloce for Continental Gran Prix
3000 and the difference was startling! The rolling resistance was so much
lower that the bike even coasted faster. That was last June. I have had
only one flat since then--a piece of wire the size of a staple (the desk
staple kind) while riding on the side of a busy highway where all the
rubbish collects.

Pat in TX