The good Lord inspires profoundly and deeply

Old August 8th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default The good Lord inspires profoundly and deeply

On Aug 7, 4:17*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:59:18 -0700 (PDT), Anton Berlin

wrote:
If almost all riders video, and it's publicized, maybe drivers will
realize they can't get away with this stuff.

Buy a subscription on PublicData. *You can track down every offending
motorist then brick their windshield with a polite note. *Hint -use
one of those disposible credit cards to pay for a year in advance and
look up the plates on a public computer.

Naw, man, that anonymous 'revenge' thing is not all it's cracked up to
be.

I'd rather see public trials and pictures in newspapers and licenses
suspended.

Or, even better, prevention. Maybe personal 'force fields' will
suddenly be developed by some nerd in Denmark and we'll all be safe.
No driver who thinks his paint job might be scratched will dare
collide with a rider wearing a portable thin-field plasma and
carbon-nanotube layer with laser field generator (*).

(*)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physics_of_the_Impossible#Types_of_impos....

They think they are anonymous and that's the reason they act like
that. If license plates had their name , address and phone number
they would be more polite.

I wait an appropiate amount of time, judge their violation vs others
and if INSTANT KARMA is required, I deliver it.

Anton Berlin... making the roads safer one windshield at a time.
Old August 8th 09, 08:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

(*)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physics...Types_of_impos...

They think they are anonymous and that's the reason they act like
that. If license plates had their name , address and phone number
they would be more polite.

I wait an appropiate amount of time, judge their violation vs others
and if INSTANT KARMA is required, I deliver it.

Doesn't sound very instant to me.

I'm very careful in these matters, at least after the time some kid
shouted something out the window at me as he drove by, I caught up to
the car at the next light, uttered a snappy insult to the teen, and then
realized I had just insulted a mentally handicapped kid who liked
bicycles.

Karma is best served after a few beers and a good night's sleep,

Old August 8th 09, 09:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 8, 12:28*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Doesn't sound very instant to me.

I'm very careful in these matters, at least after the time some kid
shouted something out the window at me as he drove by, I caught up to
the car at the next light, uttered a snappy insult to the teen, and then
realized I had just insulted a mentally handicapped kid who liked
bicycles.

Don't feel bad about it, Ryan. I didn't take it personally.

Ben
Old August 8th 09, 10:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

bjw wrote:
Don't feel bad about it, Ryan. I didn't take it personally.

You mean this kid was riding a yellow and purple bike ?

Old August 8th 09, 01:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Donald Munro wrote in
:

bjw wrote:
Don't feel bad about it, Ryan. I didn't take it personally.

You mean this kid was riding a yellow and purple bike ?

As the owner of a purple and orange bicycle, I would take offense at this
except I don't get the reference.

It's a manly purple, by the way.

--
Bill Asher

Old August 8th 09, 01:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 8 Aug 2009 12:16:51 GMT, William Asher wrote:

As the owner of a purple and orange bicycle, I would take offense at this
except I don't get the reference.

It's a manly purple, by the way.

Sounds like what I say about my pink recliner. Its not like its bright
pink. Saying it's rose doesn't help all that much, either.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old August 8th 09, 02:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

I stopped having direct confrontations in the 80s. Some ****er nudged
me and when I caught him at the next light and started giving him the
what for, he lifted up a newspaper to his right to show me the gun
sitting in the middle of his bench seat. "You're absolutely right
sir... it was totally my fault" were my next words, we both smiled
and I rode away.

Old August 8th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/540076210.html