I smashed my elbow

Old August 14th 05, 06:15 AM
Checkernuts

Default I smashed my elbow

As someone who has spent alot of time in a cast over the years I hope
you have a quick recovery.

While it may seem like a bad time right now, think about the story
you'll have to tell your grandkids about when you fell on your unicycle
and shattered your arm. You may have to get a hook though and give up
your hand to science or something. If you find yourself asking why, just
think of how scared any little kid will be of an old man with a hook.
Then think of how satisfying of a feeling that would be for an old man
with a hook, knowing that his life is complete.

Alright maybe you dont need a hook for a hand afterall, but take care of
yourself and dont be a stranger.

Cheers
Mike

--
Checkernuts - Breakdancer Extraordinar

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old August 14th 05, 02:29 PM
onewheeljoe

You brought up how people can seem anxious to scold you for engaging in
such a dangerous activity. Don't people just kill ya? Rest assured that
you riding the unicycle is evidence that you are adventurous, athletic
and you love a challenge. Your pursuit of active outlets will always
create positives in your life.

It never failed to amaze me that when I used to work as a bike
messenger, people would always bring up the potential negatives of the
activity... getting hit by a car, crashing in inclement weather,
potential impotence (!?!?). That kind of activity level made me feel
great.... I slept better, ate better, and had ridiculous amounts of
energy.

Basically, I've concluded that people don't get it until they experience
it. I never had an accident as a bike messenger, I've never really had
any serious injuries related to uni, mountain biking, basketball you
name it. However, I was in a cast for over a year once because I broke
my arm in a very nasty fashion while I was walking to school. I slipped
on some ice while I was putting my backpack on and I fell with my arm
pinned to my side.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your injury. Keep your chin up and remember
that anyone hard headed and earnest enough to learn how to ride a
unicycle can overcome a shattered elbow.

--
onewheeljoe - house of one-five

****************************
Chop wood and carry water.

onewheeljoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7357

Old August 14th 05, 05:09 PM
shibumi

Hey Steve,
I'm really sorry to hear about your elbow. I know, when it heals you
and your daughter will be back on the Greenbelt riding again, WITH elbow
pads. Never say never! It's pretty funny how it's after-the-fact that
we go out and buy protection. I just bought shinguards, after making my
shins hamburger meat. Now I need wrist and elbow. Remember "What don't
kill us, makes us stronger." Get well soon.

--
shibumi - On A Uni

Jeff

"Everyone is my equal, so in that I may learn from them." Quote from
'All in the Family'
shibumi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8816

elbow ARMOR ColDawG Unicycling 16 March 31st 05 04:55 AM
Stress-relief demonstration suggestions? [email protected] Techniques 73 January 8th 05 02:09 AM
Making spokes.. joff Techniques 92 January 5th 05 11:40 PM
what elbow guards? nickjb Unicycling 10 April 7th 04 10:35 PM
Spoke breakage problem? Mark Wolff Techniques 17 January 25th 04 08:30 PM