did I miss something - sbs tour coverage?

Old July 21st 05, 02:47 PM
Rayc

Default did I miss something - sbs tour coverage?

Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

Old July 21st 05, 03:01 PM
Kim

Rayc wrote:
Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

SBS advertise live coverage of all 21 stages then only show ten minutes?
what do we get? gloating pommy cricket commentators =/

*cross* kim
Old July 21st 05, 03:02 PM
Euan

"Rayc" == Rayc writes:

Rayc Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage
Rayc of the TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show
Rayc the bloody cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans
Rayc stay up late to see the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS -
Rayc What the? Its only only on for less than four weeks of the
Rayc year, not all summer.

That's it. I'm off to bed. I'm not staying up to watch sodding
cricket, I'll catch the highlights tomorrow.

****ED OFF!
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old July 21st 05, 03:04 PM
The P

"Kim" wrote in message
Rayc wrote:
Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

SBS advertise live coverage of all 21 stages then only show ten minutes?
what do we get? gloating pommy cricket commentators =/

*cross* kim

WTF??? Praise for ditching Taste Le Tour. MINUS 500000000 points for
showing the bloody cricket!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Old July 21st 05, 03:06 PM
Rayc

I'm so ****ed that I have wriiten to complain to SBS. or is it the nine
network?
Dull coverage my arse! not only bare coverage, they have broken from
their scheduling for what? To disappoint fans of the most watched
sporting event in the world
Idiots
ray

Old July 21st 05, 03:06 PM
Rayc

I'm so ****ed that I have wriiten to complain to SBS. or is it the nine
network?
Full coverage my arse! not only bare coverage, they have broken from

Old July 21st 05, 03:17 PM
ProfTournesol

Rayc Wrote:
Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

The SBS number for 'feedback' is Toll Free Phone 1800 500 727

--
ProfTournesol

Old July 21st 05, 03:20 PM
Rayc

They advertised they the tour coverage tonight was from 11.10 to 12.30.
So far I reckon I might have been lucky to see about 30mins, and theres
only 15 mins left till the end of scheduled broadcast. Very ****ed.
At least the others (7,9 and 10 ) have broken their schedules for
something worth reporting. ( Sad news, as it may be)
ray

Old July 22nd 05, 12:52 AM
Tamyka Bell

Rayc wrote:

Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

I was watching with boys who love cricket. It was a disturbing
experience for me. They would be all excited, Le Tour! and then Oh NO!
It's Gone! and then Yay! The Test! and then Oh NO! It's Gone! etc... I
don't understand boys. I prefer bikes.

Tam
Old July 22nd 05, 02:51 AM

It's Gone! and then Yay! The Test! and then Oh NO! It's Gone! etc... I
don't understand boys. I prefer bikes.

Hence the "Men are from Mars and Women are most probably from Hell"
adage :-)