Cost and How to ship a bicycle

Old January 9th 11, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Postman Delivers

Default Cost and How to ship a bicycle

What method or methods do you use to ship a Bicycle?

I need to deliver a bicycle to Portland, Oregon.

JR
Old January 10th 11, 01:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Tom Kunich

"Postman Delivers" wrote in message
b.com...
What method or methods do you use to ship a Bicycle?

I need to deliver a bicycle to Portland, Oregon.

Get a box from your local bike shop and send it via UPS.

Old January 11th 11, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Postman Delivers

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 16:20:38 -0800, Tom Kunich wrote:

"Postman Delivers" wrote in message
b.com...
What method or methods do you use to ship a Bicycle?

I need to deliver a bicycle to Portland, Oregon.

Get a box from your local bike shop and send it via UPS.

* * *
Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion, was looking at the cost of a hard case...

JR the postman
Old January 14th 11, 02:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
OldRoads OldRoads is offline
Banned

Step-by-step instructions on how to pack and ship a bicycle:

http://oldroads.com/how_to_pack_ship.asp

---
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
- THREE PRICE GUIDES
- Picture Databases
- 15 years of on-line archives
- and other old bicycle resources at:
http://OldRoads.com
Old January 17th 11, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
cyclingthings

On Jan 9, 2:30*pm, Postman Delivers
wrote:
What method or methods do you use to ship a Bicycle? *

I need to deliver a bicycle to Portland, Oregon.

JR

i think the best way is to take it to your local ups store and have
them pack it and send it. the box cost $40 aprox, packing $20 and the
shipping depending on where you are is $80. but the good news is that
they really respond is something goes wrong. i had used usps before
and i had insured a couple of bikes which got dagamed. after 2 years i
still have not see a dime or any answer from them. just recently i had
sent one bike to australia insured it for $600 and sure enough i saw
their check about 1 month later
carlos
www.bikingthings.com