Recumbant cycle

Old January 21st 04, 07:53 PM
davebee

Default Recumbant cycle

I have just come accross these from browsing through the web. Althoug
they might look a bit daft they look awesome fun to ride and muc
quicker and easier than a normal bike. Has anybody else got an
experience of riding these umm contraptions

-

Old January 21st 04, 07:57 PM
Danny Colyer

davebee wrote:
I have just come accross these from browsing through the web. Although
they might look a bit daft they look awesome fun to ride and much
quicker and easier than a normal bike. Has anybody else got any
experience of riding these umm contraptions?

Yes:
http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/

(Cue also Peter Clinch, Guy Chapman, JohnB, Dave Larrington, is Andy
Welch still around?, and all the others)

http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

Old January 21st 04, 08:21 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

In ,
davebee typed:
I have just come accross these from browsing through the web. Although
they might look a bit daft they look awesome fun to ride and much
quicker and easier than a normal bike. Has anybody else got any
experience of riding these umm contraptions?

No. No-one ever mentions them round here. Here's more the kind of place
you'd come if you want advice on which saddle's most comfortable.

Old January 21st 04, 10:09 PM
Zog The Undeniable

davebee wrote:

I have just come accross these from browsing through the web. Although
they might look a bit daft they look awesome fun to ride and much
quicker and easier than a normal bike. Has anybody else got any
experience of riding these umm contraptions?

Luke, I am your father.

Old January 21st 04, 10:15 PM
redshift

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:53:05 +0000, davebee wrote:

I have just come accross these from browsing through the web. Although
they might look a bit daft they look awesome fun to ride and much
quicker and easier than a normal bike. Has anybody else got any
experience of riding these umm contraptions?

Based on your "*******..." thread, it seems you ride in Manchester. Keep
your eyes peeled then, as I commute to work in the centre of the city on
my recumbent trike. If you're really interested, have a look at AVD in
Altrincham, where the Windcheetah is made: http://www.windcheetah.co.uk/

Events such as Cyclefest at Lancaster (August) usually attract a wide
variety of recumbents, and are a good place to see the different types all
together. They're are not yet common, although they've been around for a
long time. Like most revelations, those converted are often zealous, and
it's often referred to as the Dark Side...

http://www.redshift.uklinux.net/
Windcheetah No.176
Linux Counter No. 275325
*Remove Spamcatcher and x for email reply

Old January 21st 04, 10:35 PM
Simon Brooke

davebee writes:

I have just come accross these from browsing through the web. Although
they might look a bit daft they look awesome fun to ride and much
quicker and easier than a normal bike. Has anybody else got any
experience of riding these umm contraptions?

Several regulars of this group are dedicated bent riders and eager to
proselytise. I'm sure there will be a dozen along in a minute.

I'v only ridden one once, but they are definitely huge fun and
probably the right choice if you're riding more than a few hundred
yards on the road. Sooner or later I shall buy one.

Windows 95:
You, you, you! You make a grown man cry...
M. Jagger/K. Richards
Old January 21st 04, 10:58 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I'v only ridden one once, but they are definitely huge fun and
probably the right choice if you're riding more than a few hundred
yards on the road. Sooner or later I shall buy one.

I second that.

Indeed, I feel a plan emerging in the dim recesses of my twisted psyche.
Chateau Simmons, residence of The Unift Family is having a new kitchen fitted
soon. During the process of making purchase of said kitchen new flooring etc,
vernon has remarked at how frugal I am being in choice and cost of items. He
has been wondering what I intend to do with all the money I am saving him. I
perhaps should be suggesting a nice shiny new Trice would be a suitable reward
:-D

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old January 22nd 04, 07:34 AM
Pete Whelan

Simon Brooke wrote:
davebee writes:

I have just come accross these from browsing through the web. Although
they might look a bit daft they look awesome fun to ride and much
quicker and easier than a normal bike. Has anybody else got any
experience of riding these umm contraptions?

Several regulars of this group are dedicated bent riders and eager to
proselytise. I'm sure there will be a dozen along in a minute.

I'v only ridden one once, but they are definitely huge fun and
probably the right choice if you're riding more than a few hundred
yards on the road. Sooner or later I shall buy one.

After getting a Trice at the end of November 03, to aid my recovery
froma a broken shoulder, I think they are great fun to ride, especially
in icy conditions. Very comfortable and nippy.

--
Pete

interchange 12 for 21 to reply

Old January 22nd 04, 07:50 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

After getting a Trice at the end of November 03,

You know, I can go off a person... ;-)

Old January 22nd 04, 09:03 AM
John Openshaw

In article , davebee
writes
I have just come accross these from browsing through the web. Although
they might look a bit daft they look awesome fun to ride and much
quicker and easier than a normal bike. Has anybody else got any
experience of riding these umm contraptions?

Yeah, heres what I've found... Very quick downhill and on the flat, very
slow uphill. Harder to fit on your roof-rack/in the car and a lot of
trains will not take them. Comparatively comfortable (I get pins and
needles in arms/shoulders after a while on a 'normal bike') and its nice
to be looking up and around. Not good for going out pootling with
friends/wife as you can't turn your head around to chat as easily!

You also get a lot of people staring, some people like that, some dont
(personally I dont - especially when doing 2mph up hill). Because you
look odd, cars generally give you a wide berth on the road.

I dont want to promote anyone in particular, but I visited a recumbent
chappy at a place near Ely and for a small fee you get to ride various
bents and trikes. Trikes really were fantastic fun!

Cheers

John Openshaw

--
John Openshaw

Cycle tracks SimonJ UK 683 December 8th 03 05:55 PM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie Racing 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie UK 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM