New weight weenie pedals

Old March 21st 21, 07:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default New weight weenie pedals

Sorry if I missed this already being posted.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/titani...rams-each.html

--
JS
Old March 21st 21, 09:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

James wrote:
Sorry if I missed this already being posted.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/titani...rams-each.html

The massive cleat looks like another gram should be saved.

But Ti axles? We're too strong for these!

(NSW: "But does it swim?")

Old March 23rd 21, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

James wrote:
Sorry if I missed this already being posted.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/titani...rams-each.html

The massive cleat looks like another gram should be saved.

But Ti axles? We're too strong for these!

(NSW: "But does it swim?")

Quack quack.

Just 10 years ago when I was still riding Look Delta pedals, I broke a steel axle on one of the new one's. There is no way I would try titanium, especially 3D printed pedals which are actually composed of a lot of dots of liquid metal that can fail along fault lines.