SAFETY VEST

Old March 7th 12, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default SAFETY VEST

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_7162002...h=car+security

NEW GROUPS SEARCH FUNCTION SEARCHES MORE EFFECTIVLY BUT $2 DOESN'T GIVE $2 NOR MARCEL DUCHAMP, ONLY DUCHAMP ??????
Old March 7th 12, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 20:19:23 -0800 (PST), kolldata
wrote:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_7162002...h=car+security

Yuck. Just LED's? What you need is an air bag safety vest:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_bag_vest
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=air+bag+vest&tbm=isch
Used by motorcyclists, equestrians, racers, skiiers, and even
skateboard acrobats, but not bicyclists.

If you want better visibility, just tack on some reflectors or
reflective tape to the air bag vest. Christmas tree LED lights
optional.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old March 7th 12, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

EYYYYAHHHH had not thought of Xmass lighting strings. OUSTANDING !

Lieb in running for suggestion of month..

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output...w=1152&bih=635

get out the needle n thread.

velcro ! gotta wa****.
Old March 7th 12, 07:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 09:58:33 -0800 (PST), kolldata
wrote:

EYYYYAHHHH had not thought of Xmass lighting strings. OUSTANDING !

I think you need to get out more. That's nothing really new, except
that it might be more stylish if you wove the wiring into the vest,
helmet, shorts, etc. Kinda like wearable computers or illuminated
clothing:
https://www.google.com/search?q=illuminated+clothing&tbm=isch
http://enlighted.com/pages/gallery.shtml
I'm rather surprised that LED shoes, such as the kids wear, are not
popular among cyclists:
http://enlighted.com/pages/shoes.shtml

Lieb in running for suggestion of month..

Thou shalt not abrev.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output...w=1152&bih=635
get out the needle n thread.
velcro ! gotta wa****.

Hint: Sewing machine with metallic thread. I've been playing with
sewing wires into fabric, with limited success. Copper doesn't seem
strong enough, but steel wire shows promise.

Old March 8th 12, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

wire prob best with a say 26 ga composed of fine wires wound into a 26 volume.

never bought such but occasionally run across it. Search Allied Electronics for manufacturers if not wire itself.

hmmm last I saw a 14 Ga with maybe 30-40 seperate strands....for short ramge power supply. Maybe found ina microwave.

Possible to have a plastic vest with mega LED encased in a waterproof yet flexible fabric needing only wiping down nit washing.

I'm big on multiple blinkies attached to a daypack and wheel blinkies....goood night safety there but a vest....stylish.

ask Andrew Muzi and Landotter....does safety sell or does one push safety down the B group's throat ?

Old March 8th 12, 04:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 19:37:41 -0800 (PST), kolldata
wrote:

ask Andrew Muzi and Landotter....does safety sell or does one push safety down the B group's throat ?

Safety sells only to those that have had some manner of accident or
who know someone that has had an accident.

In my business (computahs), nobody does backups until AFTER they have
lost valuable data. It's much like driving a car. Kids don't take
caution and safety seriously until AFTER they have crashed or rolled a
car.

Anyway, I'm not pushing safety with the wearable light show. I'm
pushing style, fashion, glitz, and individuality. You're not cool
unless you demonstrate that you're safe by lighting up (or something
like that).

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Old March 8th 12, 05:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

wrote:

ask Andrew Muzi and Landotter....does safety sell or does one push safety down the B group's throat ?

Safety sells only to those that have had some manner of accident or
who know someone that has had an accident.

Real safety, yes - wisdom requires experience.

Irrational measures to little or no avail, though... fear abounds.

In my business (computahs), nobody does backups until AFTER they have
lost valuable data. It's much like driving a car. Kids don't take
caution and safety seriously until AFTER they have crashed or rolled a
car.

"Data is what you define it to be."

Anyway, I'm not pushing safety with the wearable light show. I'm
pushing style, fashion, glitz, and individuality. You're not cool
unless you demonstrate that you're safe by lighting up (or something
like that).

Light up - cool! ;-)
Old March 8th 12, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 21:39:16 -0800 (PST), Dan O
wrote:

Real safety, yes - wisdom requires experience.

Preferably someone else's experience. My method of Learn by
Destroying(tm) tends to be painful on a bicycle.

Irrational measures to little or no avail, though... fear abounds.

I beg to differ. FUD (fear uncertainty doubt) are the cornerstones of
product sales. I have to push products that are useful. However, for
products that mitigate real or imaginary fears, customers come to me.

I had two small examples of how that works yesterday. During lunch, I
announced that the current solar storms might be yet another symptom
of global warming. There were several at the table that seemed to
accept my theory at face value for a few minutes.

Later in the day, I was repairing a laptop BGA problem with a reflow
soldering machine and needed some aluminum foil as a heat shield. I
borrowed some foil from a neighboring offices. When asked what I was
doing, I indicated that I was building an aluminum foil tent to shield
my equipment from the shower of protons from the CME. I think they
believed me.

Full moon tonite...

"Data is what you define it to be."

Data is anything that a customer will pay me to recover.

Anyway, I'm not pushing safety with the wearable light show. I'm
pushing style, fashion, glitz, and individuality. You're not cool
unless you demonstrate that you're safe by lighting up (or something
like that).

Light up - cool! ;-)

Yep. The metaphors for smoking controlled substances, and turning on
(igniting) an LED light show, are identical, which might explain
something profound.

Old March 8th 12, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

You guys obviously have no concept of bike cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgCqz3l33kU
Old March 8th 12, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:49:37 -0500, Peter Cole
wrote:

You guys obviously have no concept of bike cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgCqz3l33kU

Right. Cyclo-Curse. Nice green screen (chroma key) work. Tolerable
poetry. At least the profanity sorta rhymes.

When Fish Ride Bicycles, by the Cool Kids:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/when-fish-ride-bicycles/id445984549
Retro-rap, whatever that means. It says cool, so it must be.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

safety vest,reflective Material henry UK 0 October 31st 05 07:48 AM
Reflective vest for DD John Hearns UK 5 July 19th 05 10:18 AM
racing safety vest chuck Racing 3 June 27th 05 02:24 AM
Looking for a vest the black rose General 14 October 19th 04 02:29 AM
SMV Vest? Eric Babula General 1 January 2nd 04 02:36 PM