Bob Barker retires

Old June 7th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Bob Barker retires

From e-online news:

"Isn't that strange? I expected to have second thoughts," he said.
But, he admitted, "How many 83-year-old men get up every morning
knowing that they're going to have a standing ovation sometime during
the day?"

Not all that many, is my guess. But I'm only 58. Just a kid. --D-y

Old June 7th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 7, 6:00 pm, " wrote:
From e-online news:

"Isn't that strange? I expected to have second thoughts," he said.
But, he admitted, "How many 83-year-old men get up every morning
knowing that they're going to have a standing ovation sometime during
the day?"

Not all that many, is my guess. But I'm only 58. Just a kid. --D-y

"Barker is probably the most vicious man I've met in my life," Alden
said, who also represents Jordan and Clement-Henry. "I honestly liked
him before I got involved in these lawsuits, until I took his
deposition and thought, 'My God, what a monster.'"

See http://www.courttv.com/people/2004/0917/barker_ctv.html

-ilan

Old June 7th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 7, 12:44 pm, wrote:
On Jun 7, 6:00 pm, " wrote:

From e-online news:

"Isn't that strange? I expected to have second thoughts," he said.
But, he admitted, "How many 83-year-old men get up every morning
knowing that they're going to have a standing ovation sometime during
the day?"

Not all that many, is my guess. But I'm only 58. Just a kid. --D-y

"Barker is probably the most vicious man I've met in my life," Alden
said, who also represents Jordan and Clement-Henry. "I honestly liked
him before I got involved in these lawsuits, until I took his
deposition and thought, 'My God, what a monster.'"

Seehttp://www.courttv.com/people/2004/0917/barker_ctv.html

As long as he doesn't dope...

Um, starting an affair at 65 yrs old, surrounded by sycophants, still
an "eye for the ladies"...

He dopes for that standing ovation, no doubt about it! --D-y

Old June 7th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Crescentius Vespasianus

"Isn't that strange? I expected to have second thoughts," he said.
But, he admitted, "How many 83-year-old men get up every morning
knowing that they're going to have a standing ovation sometime during
the day?"

Not all that many, is my guess. But I'm only 58. Just a kid. --D-y

----------
time to put the TV in the dumpster, it's all over folks.

Old June 7th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jun 7, 1:44 pm, wrote:
On Jun 7, 6:00 pm, " wrote:

From e-online news:

"Isn't that strange? I expected to have second thoughts," he said.
But, he admitted, "How many 83-year-old men get up every morning
knowing that they're going to have a standing ovation sometime during
the day?"

Not all that many, is my guess. But I'm only 58. Just a kid. --D-y

"Barker is probably the most vicious man I've met in my life," Alden
said, who also represents Jordan and Clement-Henry. "I honestly liked
him before I got involved in these lawsuits, until I took his
deposition and thought, 'My God, what a monster.'"

Seehttp://www.courttv.com/people/2004/0917/barker_ctv.html

-ilan

That was my take on Barker too. Huge asshole, great on camera. The
comedian Red Skelton was like that. Everyone loved his performance
personality, but behind the scenes he was a no good SOB who stole
every "bit" he could and claimed he created them. Everyone who worked
with him hated him.
Bill C

Old June 8th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ken Prager

In article .com,
Bill C wrote:

On Jun 7, 1:44 pm, wrote:
On Jun 7, 6:00 pm, " wrote:

From e-online news:

[...]

What about the ass-beating he put on poor old Happy Gilmore? You could
see that he was a ******* by the sick smile on his face as smacked Happy
around!

KP
Old June 8th 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bdbafh

On Jun 8, 12:42 am, Ken Prager wrote:
In article .com,
Bill C wrote:

On Jun 7, 1:44 pm, wrote:
On Jun 7, 6:00 pm, " wrote:

From e-online news:

[...]

uh, beating Adam Sandler is bad how?
Have you ever watched South Park?
The unfortunate part is that he did not complete the act and remove
his existence from this planet.

-bdbafh

Ullrich retires [email protected] Racing 4 February 26th 07 03:12 PM
Beloki retires Jason Spaceman Racing 61 February 2nd 07 05:58 AM
Dekker retires Ewoud Dronkert Racing 18 August 9th 06 01:26 AM
Cipo retires Ewoud Dronkert Racing 18 May 7th 05 10:56 PM