Trials movie! Beal's Point, Folsom Lake, California

Old February 1st 04, 07:28 AM
Jester2000

Default Trials movie! Beal's Point, Folsom Lake, California

Today my friend Zack Baldwin and I got up bright an early to find a
beautiful day here in California. We were planning on going trials
riding today, but yesterday it rained, and we were worried that it was
going to be an ugly day today.

Well we lucked out, and I drove us over to Beal's Point at Folsom Lake.
There are bike trails (paved) that go though the area, Beal’s Point is
also a campground. The lake is the lowest it's been in awhile, and
there’s a lot of rocks exposed that I've never seen before.

NOTE** If you went to the CA Muni Weekend, on Saturday afternoon we
went to Granite Bay, and rode/did trials on the rocks and sand at Folsom
Lake. Beal's Point is a few miles around the perimeter from that
spot.

Anyway, we found some awesome trials lines, made some with picnic
tables, did some wicked cool gliding, and had a great time. There was
so many road bikers going through the area, as it was a gorgeous day. Of
course I had my video camera with me, and we taped each other. After
getting home, I edited the footage into a 4 and half minute movie. I
used the song All My Life by Foo Fighters for music.

ALSO!!! The evening before (Friday) we were at Bob's bike shop talking
with our unicycling friend Eric that works there. Then we went over to
the corner of the parking lot and did a little gliding as it was getting
dark. Well, there were some bums nesting under the eve of a nearby
building. One of them curiously came over to where we were, beer in
hand, and started hooting and cheering about unicycling. We were kind
of chuckling with him, but I think we were both antsy to get out of
there. Well we talked to him a little bit, and he turned out to be a
friendly bum, although he was drunk. I got my camera out of my bronco
and we asked him what he thought of unicycling. His response was very
funny, although very profane. I included his comments at the beginning
and end of this movie. I know that it is very profane, but it's used in
a colorful way... and it IS from a drunk bum. So if you think you might
be offended by the f-word, then you probably shouldn’t download the
movie.

The final product is a .wmv file, 21 megabytes, and about 4 and a half
minutes. So for your viewing pleasure, please go to the following
link:

'www.unicyclejester.com/video.htm'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/video.htm)

Also, I did some trials by myself at Beal's Point early this January.
That small little movie is also on my video page, called "Trials and
Muni." And that is 3.75 megabytes.

Well I think this post has been long enough...

-Jess

--
Jester2000 - unicyclejester.com

'[image:
http://jester2000.unicyclist.com/~jester2000/images/jester_trans_green.gif]'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com) '[image:
http://jester2000.unicyclist.com/~jester2000/images/sig_picture.jpg]'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com)
Check out my website: 'Unicycle Jester'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com)
My Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/jess)
Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

Old February 1st 04, 07:55 AM
Andrew Messenger

Very cool Jess,

That drunkard was pretty f-ing funny. The riding was great too.

AM

--
Andrew Messenger
Andrew Messenger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/441

Old February 1st 04, 08:51 AM
joe

Hey Jess.

Cool vids!

Nice to see some quality gliding too!

I couldnt help but notice on your truck, do you have your website
address on it? If so, it looks cool!

Joe,

--
joe - Using the brake in anger!!

www.cool.unicyclist.com
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Old February 1st 04, 03:31 PM
Jester2000

joe wrote:
*I couldnt help but notice on your truck, do you have your website
address on it?*

Yeah...haha it is. But it's my old URL www.jester.tk. I should
probably change that.

Glad you liked it.

Andrew-

Hey you should of been in it. You were the one that really explored the
new rocks with me that day. Hope you're finding some nice riding back
at Chico.

-Jess

(picture taken by John Foss)

| Attachment filename: uni- broco back.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/188661|

Old February 2nd 04, 03:07 PM
U-Turn

Excellent riding, and the music adds a lot of energy! Nice job.

--
U-Turn - There has got to be a better way...

'29er Tire Study' (http://tinyurl.com/3248f)

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

'Unatics Website' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)

-- Dave Stockton

Old February 2nd 04, 11:54 PM
andrew_carter

That's a great movie, thanks for sharing! I was really impressed by all
the riding.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Open now!

Old February 3rd 04, 09:06 PM
TonyMelton

When's your movie coming out, Andrew_C?

--
TonyMelton - Up, up and awaaaay!

'My Photo Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10) has some new
photos added 20/1/04.

TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old February 3rd 04, 11:54 PM
andrew_carter

When's your movie coming out, Andrew_C?

*Our* movie is coming out when it's good and ready. I don't know,
probably 2 months-ish. I just want to get some more good filming done.
I don't want to have to come up with a name for it. I wanted to just
not name it but people seem to disagree with this...so any ideas for
names?

Andrew

Old February 4th 04, 03:54 AM
TonyMelton

How about
Pluggers Are Go
Annie Get Your Pluggers
Pluggers Vs Jandals Deathmatch VII
Rebel without a Plugger

Maybe if I see a copy of the finished movie some cool movie title will
appear to me...

Tony

--
TonyMelton - Up, up and awaaaay!

'Tony's Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10) has new videos
added 4/2/04.

TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old February 9th 04, 02:31 AM
Jester2000

Due to a request, I added a "Bum-Free" version of the movie...

You can find it on the same page: