Choosing a pack-portable, road/trail pump

Old August 18th 05, 08:51 AM
Paul

Default Choosing a pack-portable, road/trail pump

Hey Guys,

I need a pump small enough to carry in my hydro-pack that works well
with road and mountain bikes. I would really like one with some sort
of gauge on it also. Any suggestions?

Paul
Old August 18th 05, 11:59 AM
Earl Bollinger

"Paul" wrote in message
Hey Guys,

I need a pump small enough to carry in my hydro-pack that works well
with road and mountain bikes. I would really like one with some sort
of gauge on it also. Any suggestions?

Paul

Topeak Turbo Morph is the pump I carry.
It sticks out a little out of the top of the Camelback but what the heck.
Unless you want to carry a regular floor shop pump, there isn't any better
pumps around.

Old August 18th 05, 03:55 PM
Andrew W

Cyclaire

see:

http://tinyurl.com/8vokn

Truly innovative, gauge included, pumps to 120 psi easily, does
schraeder and presta valves.

Andrew Webster

Old August 18th 05, 04:39 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article .com,
says...

Cyclaire
see:
http://tinyurl.com/8vokn
Truly innovative, gauge included, pumps to 120 psi easily, does
schraeder and presta valves.

Anyone have first hand experience with this pump?
-------------
Alex

Old August 18th 05, 04:50 PM
rdclark

Paul wrote:

I need a pump small enough to carry in my hydro-pack that works well
with road and mountain bikes. I would really like one with some sort
of gauge on it also. Any suggestions?

If the Topeak Road Morph is small enough for you, I can highly
recommend it. Mine's been very reliable for several years now, and the
gauge seems reasonably accurate (compared to my floor pump).

RichC

Old August 18th 05, 07:00 PM
Paul

Thanks for all the info! After looking around a bit, it doesn't seem
like there are as many with gauges on them as I thought there would
be. I think I'll go with the Topeak; but first I'm measuring my
Camelbak Blowfish to see if there will be enough room for it.
Also, will the Road Morph work for MTB tires? As you can tell, road
gear is new to me, as I'm just starting out road biking.

Thanks,

Paul

Old August 18th 05, 07:03 PM
catzz66

Alex Rodriguez wrote:
In article .com,
says...

Cyclaire
see:
http://tinyurl.com/8vokn
Truly innovative, gauge included, pumps to 120 psi easily, does
schraeder and presta valves.

Anyone have first hand experience with this pump?
-------------
Alex

Just starting to use mine. It seems to take a long time to air up a
tire compared to my floor pump, but I don't care if it gets the job
done. I have it bungied to one of my bottle racks right now. My new
bike has semi-eliptical tubes and the regular mounting bracket won't
work. If it wasn't for that reason, it would interfere with the routing
of the cables. I only have presta valves and it does okay with them but
I have not had to use it "in the wild."
Old August 18th 05, 07:04 PM
Paul

On 18 Aug 2005 07:55:55 -0700, "Andrew W"
wrote:

Cyclaire

see:

http://tinyurl.com/8vokn

Truly innovative, gauge included, pumps to 120 psi easily, does
schraeder and presta valves.

Andrew Webster

Wow! Now that's a very neat looking pump. I wonder if they will ship
to the US?

Paul
Old August 18th 05, 07:22 PM
rdclark

Paul wrote:
Thanks for all the info! After looking around a bit, it doesn't seem
like there are as many with gauges on them as I thought there would
be. I think I'll go with the Topeak; but first I'm measuring my
Camelbak Blowfish to see if there will be enough room for it.
Also, will the Road Morph work for MTB tires? As you can tell, road
gear is new to me, as I'm just starting out road biking.

Most modern pumps, including the Morphs, will work with either Presta
or Shrader valves. The original Mountain Morph has no gauge and is a
little shorter than the Road. The Road's gauge is inline with the hose
and a bit hard to read. There's a new "Turbo Morph" that has a big
round pressure gauge.

The entire line is viewable at
http://www.topeak.com/products/pump_morph_lead.html

RichC