Volae Reports Anyone?

Old December 15th 03, 06:34 PM
Jack Davis

Default Volae Reports Anyone?

Dear Mr. NoGo...,

You happen to equate "quality" with speed. That is a rather narrow
concept.

I happen to equate quality with comfort, styling, value, and other such
things which leaves speed near the bottom of the list.

You do have the zeal of a new convert....use it for your enjoyment but not
for the criticism of others that do not share your view.

Regardless of brand it is just a bike after all .....

Jack Davis
RANS Rider

"nogoslow" wrote in message
om...

Well ... now you' can learn something:
Rolf Garthus, owner of Hostel Shoppe and Volae, has a passion for
recumbents, trust me! He rides recumbents a LOT during the Wisconsin
riding season.
I just bought Rolf's personal 2003 Volae Team, ridden for a half season

for
about 1000 miles.

Keep on riding!

Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL

Hi Bob,

Rich Pinto and John Schlitter are not just bike builders but two of
the fastest riders in the bent world today.
I have a different meaning for the word "passion" than you do.
This is not just "riding a lot" but riding a lot very fast and the
bike is designed for that purpose.
Most bents are a joke for serious riders.
Bacchetta expected copys and clones and I am sure that this will
continue.
Can't stop that. It speaks to Bacchetta's great design! That
simplicity makes it easier for others to build similar bikes. But I am
sure they will remain leaders in the industry. After all competition
is good for the consumer.
Check out Denny's Bacchetta list.

Old December 16th 03, 08:45 AM
nogoslow

"Jack Davis" wrote in message igy.com...
Dear Mr. NoGo...,

You happen to equate "quality" with speed. That is a rather narrow
concept.

I happen to equate quality with comfort, styling, value, and other such
things which leaves speed near the bottom of the list.

You do have the zeal of a new convert....use it for your enjoyment but not
for the criticism of others that do not share your view.

Regardless of brand it is just a bike after all .....

Jack Davis
RANS Rider

Bacchetta is Rans.
John Schlitter designed the bike you ride and is a speed oriented
rider.
You display your ignorance.
I am not a new convert.
I am glad you enjoy your bike even if you ride slow.
I ride fast and want a fast machine. So what?
Recumbent equates to old fat and slow. That is what I see on the road.
And thats ok at least you ride.
I am on my DF a lot more than my bent lately. I like the company it
attracts better. I ride that bike fast to.
Fast is bad, slow is good in your way of thinking.
Old December 16th 03, 02:21 PM
Jack Davis

"nogoslow" wrote in message
om...
"Jack Davis" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you for your reply.

You will be pleased to know that I am old, fat, and, (compared to you.)
slow. So is my wife who has had both knees replaced with stainless steel and
titanium. (a favorite metal of many bike riders.), and I was a little faster
before my open-heart surgery. But that, and a 75 mph crash on my motorcycle,
did slow me down a bit. So I guess our example supports your theory of
recumbent riders, but we have a wonderful time cruising the trails and
roads at our own pace.

Eventually you may be old ,and slow too. Maybe then we will be able to ride
together.....I"m sure it will be will be enjoyable for all of us. In the
meantime maybe you can ride with our son. He too doesn't like being passed
so he gave up his DF for a 'bent and he loves it.

Have fun on whatever you ride...

JD

JD

Old December 16th 03, 02:34 PM
Steve Christensen

In article , nogoslow says...

"Jack Davis" wrote in message
digy.com...
[...]

It's pretty clear by now that "nogoslow" is so insecure that he feels the need
to not only brag about his bike, but to insist that HIS bike is the best, the
only best, and that everything else is a tired, slow, heavy, copy, that can not
possibly measure up to HIS idea of perfection.

So can we just agree he is a troll on this subject, and quit feeding him?

Steve Christensen

Old December 16th 03, 04:31 PM
Jack Davis

"Steve Christensen" wrote in message
In article , nogoslow

says...

"Jack Davis" wrote in message
[...]

Steve,

You may be right but sometimes "feeding" can help one grow.

Ride on....
jd

Old December 16th 03, 07:51 PM
nogoslow

It's pretty clear by now that "nogoslow" is so insecure that he feels the need
to not only brag about his bike, but to insist that HIS bike is the best, the
only best, and that everything else is a tired, slow, heavy, copy, that can not
possibly measure up to HIS idea of perfection.

So can we just agree he is a troll on this subject, and quit feeding him?

Steve Christensen

And another old fat and slow rider.
Ole Volae!
Fat slow and old and probably a beard to.
Correct?
BTW, RANS is a great company. Like there bikes.
Old December 16th 03, 09:16 PM
bentbiker

I'll bet the boys at Bachetta cringe every time you post, as the vast
majority of bikes they sell are to "old slow fat guys" who want to go
faster.

Old December 17th 03, 07:48 AM
nogoslow

bentbiker wrote in message ...
I'll bet the boys at Bachetta cringe every time you post, as the vast
majority of bikes they sell are to "old slow fat guys" who want to go
faster.

And another old fat and slow rider.
Ole Volae!
Fat slow and old and probably a beard to.
Correct?
BTW, RANS is a great company. Like there bikes.

You really need to take a pill.
Way to serious. It is just a bike.
I ride the DF more than the bent anyway so I could care less what you
think of me or Bacchetta. Why are you posting? Who cares. let it die.