Let 'em race.

Old July 30th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Let 'em race.

Over the weekend I had a bit of a change of heart Operation
Puerto and the current code of ethics the Pro Tour teams are operating
under, in which they've agreed that no rider involved in a doping
investigation be allowed to compete.

I'm wondering when, if ever, there'll be a statute of limitations on
doping allegations? Let's say for the sake of argument everyone
implicated in Operation Puerto was legitimately implicated and not
just being accused falsely. At what point does someone have the right
to continue to make a living while being investigated?

We let very serious criminals out of custody on bail all the time
while they are under investigation or awaiting trial. No one says
they can't work while the process is going on. Why should someone be
forced to sit out forever while the wheels of "justice" (I use the
term loosely here, on purpose) grind on?

I say, if someone is found guilty of involvement in doping with Dr.
Fuentes, then we invalidate the appropriate results garnered
unethically and impose the appropriate fines/suspensions. In the
meantime, if a rider is not under suspicion of current doping
practices and isn't failing doping tests, I think they should be
allowed to compete.

Fred

Old July 30th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

At what point does someone have the right
to continue to make a living while being investigated?

WHEN YOU'RE FRENCH