Do you wear a helmet?

Old June 11th 07, 10:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sprida

Default Do you wear a helmet?

Most of the time if i'm on grass I don't or if im just casualy riding I
dont. But if i am attempting somthing like WW or unispins I will wear
my helmet or if my mum tells me to wear my helmet lol...

--
Sprida
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 10:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CameronHolden

I dont wear a helmet, but sometimes I wish I do when trying stuff

--
CameronHolden
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

I always wear a helmet whether it would be the standard or the full
face.

The only time i wear full face is when i'm conquering insane speeds on
my coker though.

--
Hazmat

*1 weird greek cypriot australian destined to be different.*

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote*
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition*.
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 12:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unibugg

Well, I wish I could say that I ALWAYS wear a helmet but I don't.

I don't only under these circumstances:

at the beach (I'm talking on the sand here.. NOT paved roads along the
beach)

in the grass in my backyard

while riding on smooth paved familiar uncrowded paths not open to motor
traffic (my local park is one example)

sometimes I don't while riding in my neighborhood.. I'm admitting it..
but I should as it sets an example to kids and is just a smart thing to
do. I live on a street with one outlet so it has very limited
traffic.. but this is just an excuse.. I still should..

--------------------
I ALWAYS wear a helmet while riding anywhere near the school where I
work no matter what the terrain.

--
Unibugg

Into the blue wrote:
You should see this fella ride up kerbs. He makes it look annoyingly
easy.
Ants make me UPD.

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lil rockmelon

i dont usually wear a helmet unless im trying something that could be
dangerous (like jumping off something as tall as me)
but i usually wear shinpads unless im just riding around and not doing
anything that could hurt my shins..

--
lil rockmelon

-*ºoO*~ LIZZYNESS~*Ooº*-
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CKCrowe

Yea I always wear a helmet, I bought a really expensive skaters hemet,
about a month ago, I love wearing it, no longer ashamed to wear a
helmet, because you dont look like a dork in it, and I'm always doing
tricks, or trials, so I wear a helmet, i dont know a time when you
shouldnt.

--
CKCrowe

1-5 Hours a day- 3! Brand new tricks for me. You'll have to see them in
my movie...coming up in a couple weeks!(one on the 2nd, then the 8th,
and now the 9th!(Dates[June]))
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=unicrankflipMy Youtube Account
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fredrik_Justnes

CKCrowe wrote:
Yea I always wear a helmet, I bought a really expensive skaters hemet,
about a month ago, I love wearing it, no longer ashamed to wear a
helmet, because you dont look like a dork in it, and I'm always doing
tricks, or trials, so I wear a helmet, i dont know a time when you
shouldnt.

Do you have a photo of it?

--
Fredrik_Justnes
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

Always. I've tried riding without a helmet, and I like it way more than
riding with a helmet (much cooler, not so much sweat) but due to the
fact that I have hit my head (I was wearing a helmet though), and my
parents wouldn't let me ride without a helmet.

--
maximus unius

dunawan wrote:
usually always

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

I never wear a helmet other than once or twice when I have been to the
skatpark, I were my kh shin pads and gloves which build confedence, Im
getting a new helmet verry soon thogh which I may wear more often as
long as its not too hot.

--
sp4rky-m4rky

you may be lucky but you make your own luck

*)--360--O* The Unispin Elite

)---'O, Crankflip
my 'video' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yuOL9aOUKP4)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'video tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 11th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ian Smith

On Sun, 10 Jun, Émile5 wrote:

Question: Do you were a helmet while riding your unicycle?

I have never worn a helmet while unicycling.

But I've never done anything remotely trials-like and only
occasionally even go off paved paths.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Wear that Helmet II .. or not MkTm Techniques 51 May 19th 07 07:57 PM
Reasons to wear a helmet no. 483 Richard UK 5 March 16th 05 02:33 PM
Wear that Helmet!! Ken Pisichko Rides 34 July 30th 04 08:35 PM
Wear a helmet... Colin Blackburn UK 2 June 11th 04 06:19 PM
Should I wear a helmet? blue girl with white hair and red eyes Techniques 995 December 12th 03 03:17 PM