"squashed tennis ball" rear hub?

Old July 25th 05, 04:51 AM
Eric Hill

Default "squashed tennis ball" rear hub?

The other day I saw a guy riding a rear wheel that had some kind of
design object or technical doodad that looked like a squashed tennis
ball, in color, on the non-drive side of the hub, outside of the spokes.
In your best mental mallrat voice, "I was like all, 'huh?!'"

-eric
Old July 25th 05, 06:28 AM
aotearoa706

Hi,
This was probably a "Power Tap" power measuring device. They are a part of
the hub and are yellow in colour.
I hope this helps.
See he
http://www.cycleops.com/products/powertap.htm

Old July 25th 05, 07:40 AM
Eric Hill

aotearoa706 wrote:
Hi,
This was probably a "Power Tap" power measuring device. They are a part of
the hub and are yellow in colour.
I hope this helps.
See he
http://www.cycleops.com/products/powertap.htm

Ah, could be! It looked a bit rounder, like a doughnut (Krispy Kreme
sized, not local-glazed size), but hey, I'll take it.

-eric

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
rear tire size & quick changes on '99 Specialized Allez Ultegra biker019283 Techniques 1 May 5th 04 07:36 PM
Making Campagnolo 9/10 Speed Rear Hub/Cassette Compatible with Dura-Ace 7 Speed rosco Techniques 6 March 19th 04 05:47 AM
Linking forward and rear suspension Simon Brooke Techniques 18 November 27th 03 04:22 AM