Dyno Light

Old October 2nd 14, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Dyno Light

On 10/2/2014 2:13 PM, Zarniwoop wrote:
On Monday, September 29, 2014 9:26:27 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
So, Western Bike Works had a 20% off sale, so I got a Shutter Precision PD-8 for about $110, which I thought was a smok'n deal. I have to find a rim and some appropriate spokes in my collection of junk downstairs, but I expect to put something together in the next week or so.

But I need a light. I would love to get the Supernova E3 triple, but I figure there has to be something available on the market that will do the trick but cheaper. I don't need no stink'n StVZO anything. Are there any second string lights that are good and not home brew. Maybe a Chinese knock off!

-- Jay Beattie.

Planet Bike's Dyno hub powered light is just like the 1W superflash, with all those flashing modes
so off the in StVZO violation outliers . but you can take it off and out it in your pocket
Bar mount with release & Portion of the inline plug is left on the bike ..

Yeah, you could have two lights, one the Supernova E3 Triple II, and one
PB dyno light. Just use the PB in the daytime and the E3 st night. But
you still need a small flashlight for repairs.

What would be _really_ nice is a _single_ light, that is full function.
This is not rocket science.

1. Removable for both security and for use as a repair light
2. Spot to Flood Zoom
3. Flash mode
4. Multiple power levels
5. Hybrid power, dynamo charges a Li-Ion battery but light can operate
solely on dynamo power, at least at low power.
6. Battery also can be charged, inside the light, from an external source.
7. Beam shape that illuminates to the front, off to the sides, and
slightly up (for road signs and overhead obstacles.

Now, in the rare instances that I see someone with dynamo lights,
they'll almost always have some secondary battery powered light as well.
Too much clutter and you still have to deal with batteries after
spending all that money on a dynamo wheel and lamp.

Old October 3rd 14, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:32:36 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:
[...]

Ah, you've just perfectly described that German lighting standard you hate so much. LOL VBEG

Cheers
Old October 4th 14, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:32:36 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
[...]

8. Disco ball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fr6hlYBQwo

9. Radar detector: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIiUenydYqI Take the lane. On a highway!

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 4th 14, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

8. Disco ball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?vr6hlYBQwo

9. Radar detector: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIiUenydYqI Take the
lane. On a highway!

First link said bad video and dumped me to a page with vids from The Alan
Brothers and the Tedeschi Trucks Band. Thanks!

--
duane
Old October 4th 14, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 10/3/2014 5:56 PM, jbeattie wrote:

8. Disco ball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fr6hlYBQwo

You can get one of these for your tail light:
http://www.dx.com/p/usb-powered-spinning-disco-light-5478

Old October 4th 14, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 10/3/2014 6:05 PM, Duane wrote:

snip

First link said bad video and dumped me to a page with vids from The Alan
Brothers and the Tedeschi Trucks Band. Thanks!

Worked for me.

Old October 4th 14, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

sms wrote:
On 10/3/2014 6:05 PM, Duane wrote:

snip

First link said bad video and dumped me to a page with vids from The Alan
Brothers and the Tedeschi Trucks Band. Thanks!

Worked for me.

Worked for me too. Love the Allman Bros. Lol
Links sometime don't work well on my phone in this app.
--
duane
Old October 4th 14, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, October 3, 2014 8:56:49 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

9. Did any of those bicyclists get ticketed?

Cheers
Old October 4th 14, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Funny, "Optically advanced lens provides superior beam pattern" makes it
sound like it has one of the very features you don't seem to like!

http://goo.gl/W8QHtG
Old October 4th 14, 03:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/W8QHtG

yawl scoped the Lexus and Infiniti lamp systems, right ? over at WalPark ?

Back in the day, I had a set standard Ferrari driving lights good for .5 mile but there was no traffic to bitch abt.

Standard Frod Econoline sealed beams in halogen are crafted for flattening the beam out towards the right berm...on left and right lamps, no beam at all for the left side.

Hella sculpts the mirror, sometimes bragging abt it but I lost that link..

look in... http://goo.gl/PU9OPR

that's night into day

FA: Kreitler Dyno-Myte Rollers rod Marketplace 0 September 20th 08 11:12 PM
Dyno with USB outlet? Duncan Smith UK 21 March 1st 08 01:24 PM
Seized AG dyno unit, any tips [email protected] Techniques 3 March 7th 07 12:39 AM
24" dyno fireball roll out needed please jagur Unicycling 3 November 22nd 04 04:38 AM
questions on the dyno fireball 24"x3.0 dubmuni2004 Unicycling 7 April 4th 04 05:59 AM