Route mapping for ride hand outs

Old March 5th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Route mapping for ride hand outs

Hi,

I've been tasked with creating a map for the upcoming Mountain Charlie
Challenge that takes place at the end up April 2007 in Scotts Valley
California. The 100K route meanders all over the Santa Cruz mountains
and south Santa Cruz county. There are a lot of turns. I'd love to
provide a legible map with marked intersections and mileage displayed
for each segment on the segments themselves. I'd like all of this to
fit legibly on one 8"X10" sheet of paper to hand out the morning of
the ride.

Any advice?

Draw by hand? Google map mashups? Others?...

Thanks,
Kevin

p.s. Come join us for the ride. The details are at: http://svef.net/

Old March 6th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

http://www.routeslip.com allows you to enter text for turns and
elevation charts.
For a 40 mile route I did have to print 5 pages and combine onto both
sides of one piece of paper.

Old March 6th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I've been tasked with creating a map for the upcoming Mountain Charlie
Challenge that takes place at the end up April 2007 in Scotts Valley
California. The 100K route meanders all over the Santa Cruz mountains
and south Santa Cruz county. There are a lot of turns. I'd love to
provide a legible map with marked intersections and mileage displayed
for each segment on the segments themselves. I'd like all of this to
fit legibly on one 8"X10" sheet of paper to hand out the morning of
the ride.

Any advice?

gmap-pedometer.com or bikely.com

--