Recovery Drink?

Old June 9th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Hell And High Water

Default Recovery Drink?

I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
find them in a while.

Any other recommendations?

I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

thx.

-Bob

Old June 9th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Hell And High Water wrote:
I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
find them in a while.

Any other recommendations?

I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

Milk? Maybe with a little strawberry syrup?

A nice mango or avocado smoothie is a delectable thing, I suppose you
could throw some protein powder or something in it if you wished.

Beer is of course a perennial favorite as well.

--
Dane Buson -
"The quickest way to a man's heart is with a broadsword."
Old June 10th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Dane Buson wrote:
Hell And High Water wrote:
I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
find them in a while.

Any other recommendations?

I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

Milk? Maybe with a little strawberry syrup?

A nice mango or avocado smoothie is a delectable thing, I suppose you
could throw some protein powder or something in it if you wished.

Beer is of course a perennial favorite as well.

If I don't watch myself after a long ride, particularly in hot weather,
I get hellacious leg cramps. Gatorade-type drinks and orange juice seem
to help.

Bill

__o | The American fascist would prefer not to use violence.
_`\(,_ | His method is to poison the channels of public information.
(_)/ (_) | --Henry A. Wallace

Old June 10th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

Hell And High Water wrote:
I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
find them in a while.

Any other recommendations?

I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

Recovering from what? When I used to get hangovers, I'd recover with
huevos rancheros and Dos Equis.
Old June 10th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Peter Cole wrote:
Hell And High Water wrote:
I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
find them in a while.

Any other recommendations?

I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

Recovering from what? When I used to get hangovers, I'd recover with
huevos rancheros and Dos Equis.

Speaking as an ex-beer drinker, I would recommend something like V8,
almost no calories, but a fair thirst quencher.
AS an off the wall answer, how about a bottle of liquid protein?
Bill Baka

Hip-replacement recovery? Mike Jacoubowsky Racing 26 February 14th 08 01:52 AM
Recovery Time Richard Cheese Racing 12 June 9th 07 11:28 AM
recovery Zebee Johnstone Australia 12 March 22nd 07 07:28 PM
Recovery drinks Rick Roof Racing 20 September 18th 04 01:34 AM
Recovery Rides Simonb UK 11 July 20th 04 03:34 PM