WANTED: full pink kit

Old June 9th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Fritz

Default WANTED: full pink kit

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 18:20:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Due to the improved weather where I live in the mountains of NC and
increased
frequency of my bike commuting to work, more than a few of my
colleagues have seen me in my cycling gear and I've received a bit of
good-natured ribbing about my spandex, bright jerseys, etc.

Well, this afternoon, some co-workers got hold of my Blackberry and
sent a joke email (which appeared to come from me) asking if anyone
knew of suppliers for hot pink cycling shorts. I followed up (all in
good fun) with an educational cycling email about Alberto Contador,
the Maglia Rosa, the Tour of Italy, etc.

We all got some good laughs as the pink/spandex/cycling-themed emails
proceeded to be sent around the office all afternoon. At some point,
even the Vice President of my division emailed from wherever he is on
VACATION and said that from now on, I'm to be known as "Pink." Sorta
remined me of the Seineld episode where George wanted to be known as T-
Bone and ended up as "Koko."

Anyhow, I presume there is some additional humor attached to this
because I am a heterosexual male.

In order to get the last laugh, I REALLLY want to find a FULL PINK KIT
that I could either borrow for the purpose of show only (and return
completely clean, of course) or buy very cheaply.

Little help from anyone out there?

Here, buy my old bike...

http://tinyurl.com/5ynqo5
Old June 9th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Fritz wrote:

Here, buy my old bike...

http://tinyurl.com/5ynqo5

Coincidentally (but not for the same reasons), I'm looking for a pink
bike/frame. Any chance you're living in spitting distance of Seattle?

--
Dane Buson -
Armenians and Azerbaijanis in Stepanakert, capital of the Nagorno-Karabakh
Old June 11th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bob

On Jun 6, 8:20*pm, wrote:
[...]

"For the purpose of show only" would seem to imply that the shorts
don't need a chamois pad. If that's the case, just check out the sale
racks in the "ladies' active wear" section of any large sporting goods
chain store. Assuming you aren't over 6 ft and/or 250 lbs and aren't
overly concerned about the looks you may receive while shopping you
should be able to find a suitable pair of shorts.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

"How come they get cool names like Mr. Black and Mr. White and I gotta
be Mr. Pink?" - Reservoir Dogs

Trials unicycle = £300, Pink fluff = £1.99/m, Having pink fluffy rimtape = PRICELESS! Eddbmxdude Unicycling 14 January 6th 07 02:25 AM
FS:55cm Look KG361 Full Carbon bike w\Full Dura-Ace Triple, Ksyriums. oclvframe Marketplace 0 July 27th 05 02:17 PM
Out With The Pink B Lafferty Racing 2 January 25th 05 12:46 PM
Wanted: XC full suspension racing frame 18-19" Todd Marketplace 2 March 9th 04 04:31 PM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 10:06 PM