ultimate wheel help :-)

Old December 28th 05, 12:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default ultimate wheel help :-)

kristopher_peck wrote:
some tips:

1. Sand the tread off the sides of the tires.
2. put vertical tabs on the end of each pedal to prevent foot slippage
3. wear leg protection.
4. use a shoe or boot with a heel. keeping your feet on a UW is much
harder than a regular cycle

the wheel sort of centers itself after a while. it's neat.

I've started working on my UW skills again, using the regular unicycle
wheel type of UW. I think I'm doing ok, but I still have a couple of
questions.

Is seat drag much easier than UW?
In the past seat drag practice have cost me broken seat posts when I
fell on top of the uni, so I'd rather learn UW first and then seat
drag. That is, unless it is much harder that way.

How does one put a vertical tab on the end of a pedal?
I could probably figure something out, but if there's a well tested way
to do it, I might as well do it the same way.

How long does it take before the wheel centers itself?
Right now I rarely go more than 1½ revolutions without the tire rubbing
against my leg.

--
Borges
Borges's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/925

Old December 28th 05, 05:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i heard somewhere that a plain uni wheel with the frame taken off was
pawned the "Incredible wheel..."

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Mat.
-----------------------
SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS
TODAY!!!http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
--"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
"abababilbel" - General Dibbles
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Old December 28th 05, 05:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Great advice from Kris Peck. I would add something the Pecks might not
think of, because they like to ride rough terrain:

Shorter cranks.

I'm not an expert on ultimate wheeling, but I'm pretty sure shorter
cranks will help you get the thing rolling better.

And when the going gets tough, remember George and Kristopher Peck do
it with long cranks on snow, ice, mud, rocks, etc.

And don't forget to use the search. Things like "how to ride an UW"
must have been covered many times before.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

Old December 29th 05, 08:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

The search feature is great. That's how i found Kristophers post. There
are a number of threads about ultimate wheels, but this was one of the
rare occations where I didn't find my answers there.

--
Borges
Borges's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/925

A little progress report and some questions... tylercox Unicycling 5 April 9th 05 04:08 AM
Strongest Coker Wheel in the World!!! Brian MacKenzie Unicycling 13 March 8th 05 01:42 AM
Ultimate Wheel Niggel Unicycling 7 February 3rd 05 07:33 AM
Ultimate Wheel: My thighs are on fire! vivalargo Unicycling 3 June 25th 04 01:52 AM
Ultimate Wheel for Sale uniryder777 Unicycling 13 October 10th 03 09:58 PM