Garmin Edge 305 Data to Spreadsheet

Old April 14th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
steve

Default Garmin Edge 305 Data to Spreadsheet

Is it possible to move data that my Edge 305 has stored on my computer
into spreadsheet? If so how?

Thanks
Steve G
Old April 15th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bdbafh

On Apr 14, 5:14 pm, steve wrote:
Is it possible to move data that my Edge 305 has stored on my computer
into spreadsheet? If so how?

Thanks
Steve G

check out motionbased.com, as well as mapmyride.com.
at least one of them has an export to .csv option.

-bdbafh

Old April 15th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

On Apr 14, 4:14 pm, steve wrote:
Is it possible to move data that my Edge 305 has stored on my computer
into spreadsheet? If so how?

Thanks
Steve G

You can open XML document like Garmin TCX files directly in Excel.
Then find whatever columns contain data you want (distance,
elevation, longitude,latitude, HR, cadence) and remove the rest.
Google "XML CSV" and you may find some more sophisticated converters:
http://www.downloadjunction.com/prod...372/index.html

If you just want a good program to analyze your workout try
SporTracks:
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/
Free and infinitely extensible via plugins - check their forums
for plugin info.

Old April 15th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman

"Woland99" wrote in message
On Apr 14, 4:14 pm, steve wrote:
Is it possible to move data that my Edge 305 has stored on my computer
into spreadsheet? If so how?

Thanks
Steve G

If you just want a good program to analyze your workout try
SporTracks:
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/
Free and infinitely extensible via plugins - check their forums
for plugin info.

Agreed. If you use SportTracks instead of that dum Garmin Trainings Center
you don't need to transfer the data into a spreadsheet. It's possible though
to export the data into spreadsheet format within SportTracks.

Lou

Transfer Garmin Edge Data into Polar Precision Software Joern Australia 3 March 22nd 08 12:09 AM
Garmin Edge 705 John[_4_] UK 3 September 2nd 07 08:03 PM
Garmin Edge 305, anyone use it? Jason Spaceman Techniques 23 April 18th 07 12:17 PM
Garmin 205 Edge [email protected] Techniques 2 March 11th 07 01:51 PM
FS: Garmin Edge 305 GPS davet Marketplace 0 January 12th 07 04:56 AM