Police high speed driving

Old August 27th 18, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Police high speed driving

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 19:25:59 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 12:21:16 AM UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson
Knife wrote:
If the police think it's safe for them to drive fast because
they've been on training courses, why not put everyone in the UK
on these courses, then we can all go 100mph?

I have done 140mph on the A9 and I have not been on a police
training course.

On your bicycle?
And no, you have not done 140mph on the A9. I do know that road.
Unfortunately.

An Alfa goes faster than a Micra.

No **** Sherlock. I now drive a Nissan Juke. And I really don't care which
is faster.

Anyway, how it hanging these days Simon?

Why are you chatting up a man in lycra?

Because I'm not and because I have chatted to him for many years. He is not
a lying ****. You are. ****.

Ignore Hucker, he is one step away from being sectioned.

At least I do not ride a bicycle.

But you do and you are.

Old August 27th 18, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Knife wrote:
If the police think it's safe for them to drive fast because
they've been on training courses, why not put everyone in the UK
on these courses, then we can all go 100mph?

I have done 140mph on the A9 and I have not been on a police
training course.

On your bicycle?
And no, you have not done 140mph on the A9. I do know that road.
Unfortunately.

An Alfa goes faster than a Micra.

No **** Sherlock. I now drive a Nissan Juke.

That's a jumbo Micra. And the ones I've seen mostly have only 3 doors.

And I really don't care which
is faster.

Because your brain is too slow to operate a fast motor vehicle.

Anyway, how it hanging these days Simon?

Why are you chatting up a man in lycra?

Because I'm not and because I have chatted to him for many years. He is not
a lying ****. You are. ****.

He is a cyclist. Enough said.

Ignore Hucker, he is one step away from being sectioned.

At least I do not ride a bicycle.

But you do and you are.

Only offroad, and there is nothing wrong with my brain, it's everyone else that's wrong.
Old August 27th 18, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Knife wrote:
If the police think it's safe for them to drive fast because
they've been on training courses, why not put everyone in the UK
on these courses, then we can all go 100mph?

I have done 140mph on the A9 and I have not been on a police
training course.

On your bicycle?
And no, you have not done 140mph on the A9. I do know that road.
Unfortunately.

An Alfa goes faster than a Micra.

No **** Sherlock. I now drive a Nissan Juke.

That's a jumbo Micra. And the ones I've seen mostly have only 3
doors.

So?

And I really don't care which
is faster.

Because your brain is too slow to operate a fast motor vehicle.

My car cost more than you will ever be able to afford.

Anyway, how it hanging these days Simon?

Why are you chatting up a man in lycra?

Because I'm not and because I have chatted to him for many years. He
is not a lying ****. You are. ****.

He is a cyclist. Enough said.

He has more money than you.

Ignore Hucker, he is one step away from being sectioned.

At least I do not ride a bicycle.

But you do and you are.

Only offroad, and there is nothing wrong with my brain, it's everyone
else that's wrong.

Prick.

Old August 27th 18, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

It's a piece of ****.

And I really don't care which
is faster.

Because your brain is too slow to operate a fast motor vehicle.

My car cost more than you will ever be able to afford.

You bought the wrong one.

Anyway, how it hanging these days Simon?

Why are you chatting up a man in lycra?

Because I'm not and because I have chatted to him for many years. He
is not a lying ****. You are. ****.

He is a cyclist. Enough said.

He has more money than you.

Did.

Ignore Hucker, he is one step away from being sectioned.

At least I do not ride a bicycle.

But you do and you are.

Only offroad, and there is nothing wrong with my brain, it's everyone
else that's wrong.

Prick.

Oh do grow up.
Old August 28th 18, 04:50 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam,alt.law-enforcement
a425couple

Default Jimmy talks about "Police high speed driving"

On 8/27/2018 11:04 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 16:36:03 +0100, a425couple
wrote:

On 8/27/2018 7:40 AM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 8/26/2018 4:21 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
If the police think it's safe for them to drive fast because they've
been on training courses, why not put everyone in the UK on these
courses, then we can all go 100mph?

Well, first of all, the training is expensive.* Who will pay
for it?

Well if you believe the government, they could pay for it, as it would
remove all the accidents they pay for.

Please support what you have said.
What elected government official has proposed that expensive
a training program?

I managed an EVOC program for over a decade. Prior to that,
in a 'ramping up' period I had worked with a very large
city department's EVOC program. It had slowly gone into
hibernation for lack of allocated resources. The budget makers
were shown that car accidents, car damages, and lawsuit losses
were mounting. It was still tough to get a budget.

And it is time consuming, so most drivers (your "everyone")
will not spend the time willingly.* Also, the police driving
courses (actual title is EVOC = Emergency Vehicle Operator's
Course) has a selective advantage.* The students have already been
mostly per-screened for good age (21-55 years old), above
average physical condition and coordination, and intelligence.

A policeman with intelligence, that I have yet to see.

Well, if you are in a political jurisdiction that refuses
to make the benefit package, and the recruitment, selection,
hiring, training, and continuing education, along with
promotions such that your law enforcement officers
seem to the average citizen, to lack "intelligence",
I guess you all have got, what you deserve.

Even back in the early 1970s in the department I spent
a career with, 9 out of 10 of our LEOs had finished
college with BAs or BSs, and we had a fair number of
Masters.

Over here in America we have real freeways where a feller can actually
go that fast.
Over there yer roads are for little old ladies, like Miss Daisy.
LOL

Well, England, and the rest of UK, Germany and France all have
some pretty decent roads.* You can go plenty fast on the
autobahn, but what I found interesting was that in a fair
number of days driving there, every day had some traffic
hold up.* We would be driving along at 145 kph (~90mph)
and then all lanes slow,,,, and park for an hour or so.
No one got any idea why.* Then eventually, we all start
rolling again, with no idea what the problem was.
We didn't even see a dead squirrel on the shoulder!

In the UK, the police shut a road if someone breaks a wingmirror.

Perhaps that is what happened to us in April 2016.
Driving from Stonehenge back towards London, suck, slow to
a crawl and stop for 1 1/2 hours. Like most traffic
jams in Europe, never did figure it out.