Folding @ Home update!

Old December 25th 03, 12:35 AM
unisteve

Default Folding @ Home update!

Hello fellow unicyclists.

This is an update on our Folding @ Home situation. I have recently
upgraded my computer, and so has my father. I'm now packing an Athlon
XP 2500+ overclocked from 1.83GHz to 2.05GHz. When I get a better
cooling setup I hope to reach 2.35GHz.

Anyway, if we expect to reach the top 100 we need some more computers.
It doesn't matter if your computer is not top-of-the-line, it all helps!
We're currently sitting at 194th place and we are climbing slowly, but
surely.

For any of you that do not know what Folding @ Home is, it is a small
computer program that uses spare CPU cycles to do work units that figure
out how proteins "fold". When proteins "misfold" diseases such as
cancer, alzheimers and others can ensue. If scientists can figure out
how to prevent misfolding, they can prevent many otherwise incurable
diseases.

For more information, please check out http://folding.stanford.edu .

Our team number is 13392. That's 13392. If you call within the next 60
minutes...

Merry Christmas/alternate December holiday to you all, and to all a
hopefully-more-than-mediocre night!

--
unisteve - Folding for team # 13392

"I live on the edge. Sometimes I fall off."

"The saying, 'It's not if you win or lose, but how you play the game'
was perpetuated by losers."
unisteve's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/543

Old December 25th 03, 02:52 AM
Catboy

Dang i havent even done any of that since like july so i guess ill start
up again now that i have an extrememly faster Comp and an even faster
connection!

Merry Xmas All

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

"Awww man its like I ate a candy cane through my nose or a koala bear
crapped a rainbow into my brain!"-Me just after beleiving that if you
put Burts Bees wax on your eyelids it will keep you awake.

Old December 25th 03, 04:05 AM
mgrant

Jeez, I'm doin' my best. '(team stats)'
(http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage?q=13392)

5 bucks to anyone who can catch me!

-mg

--
mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.

mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

Old December 25th 03, 04:02 PM
Catboy

Hooray i left my comp running F@H on last night while santa was here and
It did 30 WU's in like 7 hours!!!!!

Hooray it's Christmas!!!!
Catboy

Old December 25th 03, 10:24 PM
Catboy

Up To 50 more WU's!!! That like 60 total!!!

P.S. I havent moved up in rank maybe im doing something wrong?

Old December 25th 03, 11:09 PM
john_childs

Catboy wrote:
*Up To 50 more WU's!!! That like 60 total!!!

P.S. I havent moved up in rank maybe im doing something wrong? *

Make sure you have 13392 for your team ID so team CPUniCycles will get
credit for your work.

It generally takes from 1 to 3 days or more to complete a work unit.
What you're seeing is the program displaying the frame count on its way
to finishing a work unit. There are generally 100 or 400 frames per
work unit. When it completes all of the frames it will upload the
finished work unit and you will get credit for the work unit.

You can look at the 'project summary page'
(http://folding.stanford.edu/psummary.html) to see how many frames a
work unit has and how many points a work unit is worth.

Welcome back to the fold.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old December 25th 03, 11:12 PM
john_childs

unisteve wrote:
*This is an update on our Folding @ Home situation. I have recently
upgraded my computer, and so has my father. I'm now packing an Athlon
XP 2500+ overclocked from 1.83GHz to 2.05GHz. When I get a better
cooling setup I hope to reach 2.35GHz. *

No Fair! You're catching up to me too quickly.

I've still got my poor old Athlon 1200 (not overclocked at all). You're
going to be passing me soon at the rate you're going.

Old December 29th 03, 03:15 PM
unisteve

Score. Now I've got my 2500+ running at 2.3GHz. (210Mhz x 11). It is
reallly, really fast.

Keep on folding, guys!

Old December 29th 03, 06:58 PM
john_childs

Catboy wrote:
*As of now 228 wu *

Where are you on the 'CPUniCycles stats page'
(http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage?q=13392)? There is a
Catboy there, but the last work unit completed was Jan 29, 2003. Are
you going by a different name now?

Make sure you have 13392 for the team number so CPUniCycles gets credit.