[OT] CONservation hooligans at work, RSPB, WT, WWT, SNH slaughtering wildlife by the million while claiming to protect wildlife.

Old February 21st 04, 02:22 PM
Mark Thompson

Default [OT] CONservation hooligans at work, RSPB, WT, WWT, SNH slaughtering wildlife by the million while claiming to protect wildlife.

snip

I'm confused. You want them to stop having deer? Or you want them to stop
having artificially high numbers of deer? The latter means both a cull of deer
(to bring numbers down) and deer starving to death (it's how populations without
predators regulate their size - they won't stop breeding!).

Of course the alternative is that when the population gets too big some animals
find somewhere else to live - and then there's still a need for the cull surely?
I suppose we could re-introduce the wolf - but I'm not sure being ripped apart
is better than being shot. We would also lose the odd human (though I'm not
sure you'd count that).

I would personally prefer being shot to starving to death, but then I'm not a
deer.

I presume I've misunderstood something - please correct me if I'm incorrect in
any way.

I've remarked the thread OT so feel free to reply. Alternatively you can send
replies via my email address (note the simple antispam device in there).

Old February 21st 04, 10:58 PM
Sue

In message , Mark Thompson
writes

I've remarked the thread OT so feel free to reply. Alternatively you can send
replies via my email address (note the simple antispam device in there).

You'd hardly be unaware that he's a crank - the mention of Malcolm
Ogilvie is your guarantee of that.

Would reintroducing wolves solve the problem in a way acceptable to
everyone?
--
Sue ]
Old February 22nd 04, 05:59 PM
David Nutter

Sue said:
In message , Mark Thompson
writes

I've remarked the thread OT so feel free to reply. Alternatively you can send
replies via my email address (note the simple antispam device in there).

You'd hardly be unaware that he's a crank - the mention of Malcolm
Ogilvie is your guarantee of that.

Would reintroducing wolves solve the problem in a way acceptable to
everyone?

Yeah, we could feed Jan Spanna[1] to them. Though, it has to be said, I like
the ring "Uist Hedgehogs Slaughter" has. I wait agog for an account of the
notorious Rabbit Massacre of the Canaerfon Dunes.

ObCycling: The wind is somewhat on the fierce side I think! While out on
a ride earlier I nearly ended up in a drainage canal due to a particularly
inopportune gust.

Regards,

-david

[1] Appropriate, no?