important trek question

Old January 15th 04, 01:13 PM
James Carr

Default important trek question

Am I losing my mind? A year ago I saw a trek that was white with lime
green letters that said "antelope 800" on upper horizontal bar between
the gooseneck and the seatpost. Am I mistaken? Is there a such thing
as an antelope 800? Does anyone know where I can find the history of
the "antelope" trek model? Please help im going crazy over this..
Thank you for your time.

Old January 16th 04, 11:40 PM
Rocketman

"James Carr" wrote in message
om...
Am I losing my mind? A year ago I saw a trek that was white with lime
green letters that said "antelope 800" on upper horizontal bar between
the gooseneck and the seatpost. Am I mistaken? Is there a such thing
as an antelope 800? Does anyone know where I can find the history of
the "antelope" trek model? Please help im going crazy over this..
Thank you for your time.

Yes, the Trek 800-series bikes are called "Antelope", and always have been,
AFAIK. They are the lowest-end Treks; about one step up from the better
department store bikes like the Pacific-made Schwinns. Pretty decent bikes,
and for most ordinary uses, should last a long time. I've never seen any
history of the Antelope series - probably never will.

I'm guessing that the bike you saw was made in the early 1990's, based upon
the color scheme. Just a guess.

What is it that you want to know about the Antelope series?

Rocketman
http://tinyurl.com/38rnb

Old June 15th 04, 06:18 AM
G.T. W.

Your information is correct. My very first bike was a Trek 810
"Antelope", bought in 1987, to try mountain biking for the first time.
Altho the bike was a very nice ride, I soon realized I needed something
more rugged, and stepped up to a Trek 990. I sold my 810 to a friend
who used it for hybrid riding, some street, some trail.

In article T2YNb.80881$I06.344966@attbi_s01, Rocketman
wrote:

om...