Koppenberg unclimable

Old March 31st 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Koppenberg unclimable

http://www.eurosport.com/

--
Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Close the Madrasas - Stop the Buggery

Old March 31st 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

writes:

Davey Crockett wrote:
http://www.eurosport.com/

--
Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Close the Madrasas - Stop the Buggery
http://www.ingridbetancourt-idf.com/base/
Free Ernst Zundel http://www.zundelsite.org/gallery/donations/index.html
Free David Irving http://www.petitiononline.com/DavidI/petition.html

pussies!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old March 31st 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Davey Crockett wrote:
http://www.eurosport.com/

"If it rains Sunday, 10 or 20 riders will maybe do it. The others will finish on
foot"

http://www.meteo.be/english/pages/Ve...wTxtBelEN.html
"variable cloudiness with risk of rain showers"
Strong cross/tail wind is expected too. It's going to be hard.

Jenko

Old March 31st 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I think that we're in for a REALLY good race! I have a section of 22%
that I ride up every couple of weeks. It's only about 300 meters and
smooth asphalt with extra good adhesion but WOW does it ever send my
heart rate flying. I have to be in really good form to use normal gears
instead of dropping into the 34/27.

I think that WALKING the Koppenberg is good for the racers since it
will put a little humility into them. Reminds me of Lance talking about
recovering from his cancer and about to collapse on a hill and having a
kid ride by him on her school bike. Or some reporter talking about some
of the bergs and saying that while he was struggling up one a housewife
rode by on her grocery bike.

Old March 31st 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Jenko writes:

Whistling Dixie?

[eurosport news feed artice:]
George Hincapie will lead Discovery against an on-form Tom Boonen on
Sunday, and he told Eurosport his team's formula for Flanders victory.

Old March 31st 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Gotta give George credit, he's figured out that you can't just ride
with Boonen to the finish if you want to win the race. He must have
had that brilliant revelation after Boonen wiped the floor with him on
the Roubaix velodrome.

Old April 1st 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article ,
Davey Crockett wrote:

http://www.eurosport.com/

"They probably underestimated the climb and started it without being really
motivated," said Walter Godefroot,

a master of understatement.

--
Michael Press
Old April 1st 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Michael Press wrote:
Davey Crockett wrote:

http://www.eurosport.com/

"They probably underestimated the climb and started it without being really
motivated," said Walter Godefroot,

a master of understatement.

Godefroot's just so used to trash-talking Ullrich that he
says that about lack of motivation whenever anyone sticks
a microphone in front of him.