Unispins

Old July 23rd 03, 08:54 PM
Nick Grey

Default Unispins

Hello,

Does anyone have any hints for doing unispins? I've tried searching the
forum but unfortunately someone is using "unispin" as their username
which is muddying the waters somewhat.

Ta,
Nick

--
Nick Grey
To e-mail me, add 0307 after my name in my e-mail address.
Old July 23rd 03, 09:19 PM
Max_Dingemans

I suggest watching my Unispin videos he
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuo09 that failing, others will help.

--
Max_Dingemans - Combat Wombat

"And when the sky darkens and the prospect is war
Who's given the gun and then pushed to the fore
And expected to die for the land of our birth
Though we've never owned one lousy handful of earth"
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

Old July 23rd 03, 09:43 PM
daino149

Max_Dingemans wrote:
*I suggest watching my Unispin videos he
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuo09 that failing, others will
help. *

How long did it take you to learn that? And what size wheel is that?
Can you do it with a larger wheel?

Daniel

--
daino149 - In need of improvement

I want a fainting Goat!

Old July 23rd 03, 10:13 PM
Max_Dingemans

it's a 20". I can do 180's on a 24x3, but nothing more. and it took
awhile... it's all down to how much you practice, and having shin
protection. well, that's what helped me learn, mostly.

Old July 24th 03, 12:10 AM
James

In univirce Dan has his seat up realy high, does this help????

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

Old July 24th 03, 12:28 AM
uniryder

Hi,

A good way to start learning "unispins" is to jump from the ground, spin
the uni and try to land on it. This gives you some time to spin the uni
before you jump and get the feel for the landing down.

I actually ride with my seat a lot lower than most freestyle riders and
way lower now than in UNiVERsE. I would say it's just personal
preferance, but I could see a super low seat making it a bit harder.

-Dan

--
uniryder
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

Old July 25th 03, 09:46 PM
jagur

Naomi wrote:
*

So what is a spin called, where you remain on the seat, and spin with
the
unicycle on the spot, before continuing to ride?*

a pirouette

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...luestripe.gif]