This parallelogram seatpost suspension

Old August 8th 05, 12:40 AM
maxisbackintown

Default This parallelogram seatpost suspension

what would be the point of that ? when you do drops or anything that you
absorb impact you are standing so talking about puttin suspensions on a
unicycle would be pretty much pointless from my point of view

--
maxisbackintown - timmmyyy

yeah
maxisbackintown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9909

Old August 8th 05, 03:15 AM
carsonpalooza

I'm not sure how that would work on a unicycle since the seat isn't
always in the same position as a bike is. That would make keeping
balance a lot harder and weird, all though I'm not sure, looks cool
though

--
carsonpalooza - www.oddtodd.com

If at first you don't succeed , skydiving is not for you
carsonpalooza's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10085

Old August 8th 05, 12:13 PM
ur

Are these pantour suspension hubs very strong or does the fact that they
have suspension mean that the overall strength of them decreases?

--
ur - Unicycling Revolution

Unicycling Revolution - JOIN THE REVOLUTION TODAY!
ur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4199

Old August 8th 05, 07:50 PM
john_childs

maxisbackintown wrote:
*what would be the point of that ? when you do drops or anything that
you absorb impact you are standing so talking about puttin suspensions
on a unicycle would be pretty much pointless from my point of view *

Everything is not always about drops.

For XC muni a suspension seatpost can be beneficial because it will
allow you to have the seat slightly higher for fast trail riding. A
higher seat makes it easier to spin faster and your legs are more
efficient when properly extended compared to being scrunched up with a
low seat. A higher seat is more efficient for climbing and fast riding.
A seatpost suspension will take the bumps and help keep the rider from
getting bumped up off the seat. It will also allow the rider to keep
more weight on the seat which makes for more efficient riding. So for
fast XC riding where you are concerned about speed and efficiency a
seatpost suspension could be a good thing.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: '' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs)
' Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3) 'Click Me'
(http://tinyurl.com/7lvbu)

Old August 9th 05, 07:09 AM
johnfoss

maxisbackintown wrote:
*when you do drops or anything that you absorb impact you are standing
so talking about puttin suspensions on a unicycle would be pretty much
pointless from my point of view *

Maxis, your crotch must be made of iron. For the rest of us, we
occasionally ride over bumpy things when we're sitting on the seat.
That's what (seat, not pedal-based) suspension is for.

I think it would be most useful for road riding, but I've also enjoyed a
bit of suspension on trails as well. Any my Pyramid suspension post paid
for itself in one day of riding on the slickrock of Moab!

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Still Looking for a bike [email protected] UK 19 September 5th 04 10:25 AM
Other Suspension seatpost benefits? rocketman58 Techniques 10 April 13th 04 06:08 AM
suspension seatpost? stinkster Unicycling 10 January 14th 04 07:32 PM